Special Exemplary Military Band of the Guard of Honor Battalion of Russia
|Special Exemplary Military Band of the Guard of Honor of Russia|
|Специальный образцовый военный отряд Почетного караула России|
|Active||November 29, 1956 – present|
|Country||Soviet Union Russia|
|Branch||Ministry of Defense|
|Part of||154th Preobrazhensky Independent Commandant's Regiment|
|Major Pavel Gernets|
The Special Military Exemplary Band of the Honor Guard is a special military unit that performs military music for the guard of honor of Russia that greets foreign government delegations, as well as provide musical accompaniment for national events. It is a branch of the Military Band Service of the Armed Forces of Russia.The band participated in the welcoming ceremonies of more than 22 heads of state.
The band forms part of the 154th Preobrazhensky Independent Commandant's Regiment.
Heads of the Band
- Colonel Georgiy Nikolaev (1956–1968)
- Lieutenant Colonel Nikolai Zubarevich (1968–1972)
- Colonel Boris Dyldin (1972–1988)
- Colonel Anatoliy Prihodchenko (1989–1993)
- Colonel Sergey Gorev (1993–1998)
- Colonel Eduard Nikolaev (1998–2003)
- Colonel Mikhail Titov (2003–2007)
- Lieutenant Colonel Igor Pahomov (2008–2009)
- Major Konstantin Petrovich (2009–2015)
- Major Pavel Gernets (2015–present)
The band was created in fall of 1956 by order of the Council of Ministers of the USSR. It played its music at many memorials in the country. It is most known for playing at the welcoming ceremony of Yuri Gagarin, the 1980 Summer Olympics, and the Yalta and Potsdam Conferences. It serves as a band for the wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. in Moscow.
|Moscow Fanfare||A. Golovin|
|In Defense of the Motherland||Viktor Runov|
|Ballad of a Soldier||Vasily Solovyov-Sedoi|
|Slow march "25 years of Red Army"||Semeon Tchernetsky|
|Solemn Triumphal March||Valery Khalilov|
|Moscow's Salute||Semeon Tchernetsky|
|March of the Preobrazhensky Regiment|
|Slow March of the Red Army||Semeon Tchernetsky|
|Slow march "Victory"||Yuri Griboedov|
|Song of the Soviet Army||Alexander Aleksandrov|
- "The Exemplary band of the Honor Guard". www.kremlin-military-tattoo.ru. Retrieved 2017-04-15.