Special Representative of the Secretary-General for East Timor
The Special Representative of the Secretary-General for East Timor was appointed by the Secretary-General to lead the United Nations Transitional Administration in East Timor. During the transition from Indonesian rule to independence the United Nations appointed administrator fulfilled a role, which could be said to correspond in some ways to that of a head of state.
The persons who held the post:
- Sérgio Vieira de Mello 1999-2002
- Mr. Kamalesh Sharma
- Mr. Sukehiro Hasegawa
- Mr. Atul Khare
- Ms. Ameerah Haq 
- Mr. Finn Reske-Nielsen, Present SRSG
- "UN Biographical Note "SUKEHIRO HASEGAWA APPOINTED AS Head of un Office in TIMOR-LESTE" (Press Release SG/A/926 BIO/3662)". 2005-06-03. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "UN Biographical Note "Secretary-General Appoints Sukehiro Hasegawa of Japan, Deputy Special Representative in East Timor" (Press Release SG/A/806 BIO/3427)". 2002-06-14. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Biographical Note". Department of Public Information, News and Media Division, United Nations. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Finn Reske-Nielsen" (PDF). Retrieved 30 December 2012.
|This article related to politics in East Timor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|