Special Rescue Police Winspector
This article does not cite any sources. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Special Rescue Police Winspector|
|Narrated by||Issei Masamune|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||49|
Kyōzō Utsunomiya (TV Asahi)|
Nagafumi Hori (Toei)
|Cinematography||Susumu Seo, Takakazu Koizumi|
|Running time||30 minutes (per episode)|
|Original network||TV Asahi|
|Original release||February 4, 1990 – January 13, 1991|
|Preceded by||The Mobile Cop Jiban|
|Followed by||Super Rescue Solbrain|
Special Rescue Police Winspector (特警ウインスペクター Tokkei Uinsupekutā) is a Japanese tokusatsu TV series, part of the Metal Hero Series and the first piece of the Rescue Hero trilogy. The series follows the adventures and missions of a special "Rescue Police" team known as Special Police Winspector, as they stop crimes and respond to dangerous events where regular police force is not sufficient. The team is made up of one human (a hero clad in armor) and two robotic assistants.
The opening catchphrase of the series is "Special Rescue Police Winspector: with a love of peace and faith in friendship, they face down crime to protect the lives of innocent people, this is the "Metropolitan Police Special Emergency Unit"!" (特警ウインスペクターとは、平和を愛し、友情を信じ、人の命を守るため犯罪に立ち向かう、「警視庁特別救急警察隊」のことである! Tokkei Uinsupekutā to wa, Heiwa o Ai shi, Yūjō o Shinji, Hito no Inochi o Mamorutame Hanzai ni Tachimukau, "Keishichō Tokubetsu Kyūkyū Keisatsu Tai" no koto de aru!).
Special Rescue Police Winspector takes place in a near-future Japan of the year 1999. As the country is facing a great threat from criminals, new methods of protecting people are created. The Winspector squad, consisting of the robot brothers Walter and Bikel, along with Ryouma (wearing the Fire Tector armor), defend against super powered threats, ranging from mob attacks to scientific experiments gone terribly wrong. It (and Solbrain) are unique among tokusatsu as there is no central villain.
- Ryoma Kagawa/Fire (香川 竜馬/ファイヤー Kagawa Ryōma/Faiyā): 23 years old. Ryoma is the leader of the team and the only human member. Like Masaki, he is also a Police Superintendent. Kagawa is an orphan skilled in martial arts and knows five languages. His primary means of transportation is a purpose-built car named Winsquad. When initiating his transformation to Fire he calls out "Jack Up!" (着化! Chakka!). He is then equipped with an energy sword - his primary all-purpose weapon - and a suit of red armor named the Crush Tector (クラステクター Kurasu Tekutā), which offers him protection but begins to cook him after a period of time. There are also other, more specialized weapons and tools available. Ryoma has a sister. He later joined the Solbrain team as Knight Fire.
- Bikel (バイクル Baikuru): Walter's "twin brother", Bikel is one of two robots who assist Ryouma. His primary means of transportation is his motorcycle. However he also has a wheel integrated into his chest section which he can use to "land-surf" when no vehicle is available. His weaponry consists of twin lances, which can be combined into a longer staff and can alternatively function as the handles of his motorcycle or coin bombs. Bikel's armor is yellow. Being a master of jokes and sometimes a little inane, he's often subject to Walter's anger. Speaks in Nagoya dialect.
- Walter (ウォルター Worutā): Bikel's "twin brother", Walter is the other of the two robots in the team. Being equipped with wings enables him to fly, thus requiring no special vehicle. His armor is turquoise. Walter loves children and he is generally the type of "person" who enjoys life.
- Shunsuke Masaki (正木 俊介 Masaki Shunsuke): Shunsuke is Winspector's commander and founder. He usually remains in the headquarters of Winspector, but if necessary, for example when a member falls into a pinch, he goes to the site himself and takes command. After the series, he established another rescue team called Solbrain and made a comeback in the last few episodes of Exceedraft.
- Junko Fujino (藤野 純子 Fujino Junko): Junko is an information G-man. She is an expert with handguns.
- Hisako Koyama (小山 久子 Koyama Hisako): Hisako is a secret G-man. She usually works in a coffee shop. Her father, Masanobu Koyama (小山 正信 Koyama Masanobu), was a colleague of Masaki until he was killed in action six years ago.
- Shin'ichi Nonoyama (野々山 真一 Nonoyama Shin'ichi): Shin'ichi is Winspector's mechanic. He develops rescue tools and maintains Bikel and Walter. Likes playing chess
- Madocks (マドックス Madokkusu): Madocks is Winspector's supercomputer. Madocks holds data on every criminal and can analyze it in an instant.
- Demitasse (デミタス Demitasu): Demitasse is a small robot. His main work is to repair Bikel and Walter during emergencies, as well as secret investigation activity.
- GigaStreamer (ギガストリーマー GigaSutorīmā): Strongest weapon in the world. First used to defeat an evil robot cop named Brian, who was created by the same system as Biker and Walter. GigaStreamer has two modes - plasma bullet shooter and hand drill. On their first mission, Ryoma puts inside it his MaxCalibur. Later Daiki (SolBraver) used it to defeat a chameleon-robot.
- MaxCalibur (マックスキャリバー MakkusuKyaribā): Used by Fire like a sword, it also shoots lasers.
- BiSpear (バイスピアー BaiSupiā): Bikel's two sticks, which can be combined to form a long rod and are used as the handlebar of WinChaser.
- Dislider (ディスライダー DiSuraidā): Walter's wings, which can transform into a shield. They let him fly, sometimes while carrying Bikel.
- Multi Pack (マルチパック MaruchiPakku): A box with water-shooters and first aid equipment. Used by Fire, Bikel and Walter.
- Daytric M2 (デイトリックM2 Deitorikku Emu Tsū): Each member has one. This is a gun stored in a leg hostler.
- HandWapper (ハンドワッパー Handowappā): Cuffs.
- WinBadge/FireBadge (特警手帳 Tokkei Techō): Ryoma's police license. Becomes white, when he wears the Crush Tector.
- WinChaser (ウインチェイサー UinCheisā): A Suzuki TS200. Bikel's bike.
- WinSquad (ウインスコード UinSukōdo): Ryoma's car. It's a version of a Chevrolet Camaro. Can transform him into Fire. Also, when Ryoma put the SPCard (SPカード EsuPī Kādo), it transforms to FireSquad (ファイヤースコード FaiyāSukōdo).
- Masaki's undercover car: Chief Masaki's car in undercover operations. A White (brown in some episodes) Mazda Luce HC.
- Junko's undercover car: Junko's car in undercover operations. A red Mazda RX-7 FC, similar to KnightFire's Knight Custom in the sequel series Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain.
- The Runaway Baby (赤ちゃん暴走 Akachan Bōsō)
- Strange R/C (笑うラジコン弾 Warau Rajikon Dan)
- Cheers to Friendship (友情に乾杯 Yūjō ni Kanpai)
- The Life Taking Thief (命を運ぶドロボウ Inochi o Hakobu Dorobō)
- Attack! The Giant Bird (襲う!巨大怪鳥 Osou! Kyodai Kaichō)
- The Couple That Reverted to Children (子供に戻った両親 Kodomo ni Modotta Ryōshin)
- The Happy, Praying Holy Girl (幸せ祈る聖少女 Shiawase Inoru Seishōjo)
- Police Agents in Family (脱線!親子救急隊 Dassen! Oyako Kyūkyūtai)
- The Bomb-Setting Dog (爆弾仕掛けの犬 Bakudan Jikake no Inu)
- Revenge of the Adults (大人をやっつけろ Otona o Yattsukero)
- Ryōta's First Love Letter (良太の初恋急行便 Ryōta no Hatsukoi Kyūkōbin)
- My Robot Friend (僕の友達ロボット Boku no Tomodachi Robotto)
- Ryōma is Dead!? (竜馬が死んだ!? Ryōma ga Shinda!?)
- The Death-God Moss' Counterattack!! (死神モスの逆襲!! Shinigami Mosu no Gyakushū!!)
- Ryōma! Destroy Masaki (竜馬!正木を射て Ryōma! Masaki o Ute)
- I Love You, Walter (大好きウォルター Daisuki Worutā)
- The Scary Space Creatures (怖い宇宙の贈り物 Kowai Uchū no Okurimono)
- Super Abilities! The Determined Girl (超能力!孝行少女 Chō Nōryoku! Kōkō Shōjo)
- The Bridge of Love and Courage (愛と勇気の父子橋 Ai to Yūki no Oyako Bashi)
- Burning K.O. Punch! (熱いKOパンチ! Atsui Kei Ō Panchi!)
- Tears And the Fatal Ball (涙に散った銃弾 Namida ni Chitta Jūdan)
- The Murderer Who Died Twice (殺人犯は二度死ぬ Satsujinhan wa Nido Shinu)
- Father's Comic Postcard (父のマンガはがき Chichi no Manga Hagaki)
- My Piiko-chan (私のピーコちゃん Watashi no Pīkochan)
- The Robot Which Cries in the Rain (雨に泣くロボット Ame ni Naku Robotto)
- The Sad Girl's Journey (薄幸少女の旅立ち Hakkō Shōjo no Tabidachi)
- The Star Summoning 100-Year-Old Beauty (星を呼ぶ百歳美女 Hoshi o Yobu Hyakusai Bijo)
- Fly! Yūko Rocket (飛べ!優子号 Tobe! Yūko-gō)
- The Ghost of the Village (昆虫採集の妖!?怪 Konchū Saishū no Yō!? Kai)
- Mama... Mama, Help Me (ママ...ママ助けて Mama... Mama Tasukete)
- The Pain of the Strongest Robo (悲しみの最強ロボ Kanashimi no Saikyō Robo)
- Onslaught Against the Police Station (警視庁を占拠せよ Keishichō o Senkyo Seyo)
- Urashima Taro Awakens (目覚めた浦島太郎 Mezameta Urashima Tarō)
- Turnabout Grandma (逆転ばあちゃん Gyakuten Bāchan)
- Mother and Child's SOS! (母と子のSOS! Haha to Ko no Esu Ō Esu!)
- Biker's Father (バイクルのパパ Baikuru no Papa)
- Attack of the Amazoness (アマゾネス来襲 Amazonesu Raishū)
- The Chosen Man (選ばれた男 Erabareta Otoko)
- The Sad Old Thief (悲しい老怪盗 Kanashii Rōkaitō)
- The Mutant of the Great Seto Bridge - Part 1 (瀬戸大橋の怪人Ⅰ Seto Ōhashi no Kaijin Pāto Wan)
- The Mutant of the Great Seto Bridge - Part 2 (瀬戸大橋の怪人Ⅱ Seto Ōhashi no Kaijin Pāto Tsū)
- The Treasonous Investigator (裏切りの捜査官 Uragiri no Sōsakan)
- The Boy Who Became a Bomb (爆弾になった少年 Bakudan ni Natta Shōnen)
- One-Day Only Performance (一日だけの晴れ舞台 Ichinichi Dake no Harebutai)
- Love Just Before the Explosion at 0 Seconds (爆破0秒前の愛 Bakuha Zerobyō Mae no Ai)
- One-Day Bad Boy (一日一悪の少年 Ichinichi Ichiaku no Shōnen)
- The Millionaire Apartment's Trap (億ションの甘い罠 Okushon no Amai Wana)
- Attack the Special Police! (特警を壊滅せよ! Tokkei o Kaimetsu Seyo!)
- Fly into the Sky of Hope (翔べ希望の空へ Tobe Kibō no Sora e)
- Ryoma Kagawa (香川 竜馬 Kagawa Ryōma) - Masaru Yamashita (山下 優 Yamashita Masaru)
- Bikel (バイクル Baikuru, Voice) - Kaoru Shinoda (篠田 薫 Shinoda Kaoru)
- Walter (ウォルター Worutā, Voice) - Seiichi Hirai (平井 誠一 Hirai Seiichi)
- Junko Fujino (藤野 純子 Fujino Junko) - Mami Nakanishi (中西 真美 Nakanishi Mami)
- Shunsuke Masaki (正木 俊介 Masaki Shunsuke) - Hiroshi Miyauchi (宮内 洋 Miyauchi Hiroshi)
- Hisako Koyama (小山 久子 Koyama Hisako) - Sachiko Oguri (小栗 さち子 Oguri Sachiko)
- Shin'ichi Nonoyama (野々山 真一 Nonoyama Shin'ichi) - Masaru Ōbayashi (大林 勝 Ōbayashi Masaru)
- Madocks (マドックス Madokkusu, Voice) - Kazuhiko Kishino (岸野 一彦 Kishino Kazuhiko)
- Demitasse (デミタス Demitasu, Voice) - Issei Futamata (二又 一成 Futamata Issei)
- Toragorō Rokkaku (六角 虎五郎 Rokkaku Toragorō) - Shin'ichi Satō (佐藤 信一 Satō Shin'ichi)
- Yūko Kagawa (香川 優子 Kagawa Yūko) - Yura Hoshikawa (星川 揺 Hoshikawa Yura)
- Ryōta Koyama (小山 良太 Koyama Ryōta) - Ryō Yamamoto (山本 亮 Yamamoto Ryō)
- Narrator (ナレーター Narētā) - Issei Masamune (正宗 一成 Masamune Issei)
- Opening theme
- "Tokkei Winspector" (特警ウインスペクター Tokkei Uinsupekutā)
- Ending theme
- "Kyō no Ore kara Ashita no Kimi e" (今日の俺から明日の君へ, "From Today's Me to Tomorrow's You")
- Lyrics: Keisuke Yamakawa
- Composition: Kisaburō Suzuki
- Arrangement: Tatsumi Yano
- Artist: Takayuki Miyauchi
In other countries
- Special Police Rescue Winspector released in the Philippines Aired on IBC-Channel 13 in the Early 90's as (Tagalog Version) (In Filipino names (Ryoma Kagawa) Gabriel) and (Junko Fujino) Carina) the Sequel of Kidou Keiji Jiban.
- The Series in France on TF1 Its popularity led to airings of subsequent Metal Hero shows such as Space Sheriff Sharivan, Space Sheriff Shaider, and Kidou Keiji Jiban. The opening of the show was sung by Bernard Minet.
- It was also shown in Germany on RTL in 1992-1993 (and a second time in 1994-1995).
- It was shown In Italy on Italia 7 in 1992.
- In Spain, the series aired on La 1 around the same time as Jiban.
- Indonesia and Malaysia also Broadcast the series on Indosiar and TV3.
- In Brazil the series was very popular in the 1990s, along with several seasons of the Metal Hero franchise.
- It Also Aired in Thailand on TV7 in the mid 1990s.