Spectacular Blue Smith
September 7, 1986
|Net worth||$65 million|
|Genres||Hip hop, R&B|
Spectacular Blue Smith (born September 7, 1986), known by his stage name Spectacular is an American entertainer, keynote speaker, entrepreneur, tv personality and author. He is the founder of the record label Mula Music Group and the founder and CEO of Adwizar Inc. In 2018, Black Enterprise named him one of the 5 most influential entrepreneurs at the intersection of music and tech.
Smith started dancing when he was 11 and took the love of performing into the rap group he formed with his brothers, Pretty Ricky. His father managed the group and was the owner of the indie label. Spectacular contributed musically and also choreographed the group’s stage performances as they signed a deal with Atlantic Records. The band went on the Scream IV tour as they promoted hits such as “Grind With Me” and “Your Body”.
Aside from being a recording artist, Smith is also an entrepreneur. Intrigued by the business possibilities of social media, he experimented with Pretty Ricky’s Facebook page testing out theories behind social networks for a full year until he found a system for gaining and monetizing followers. He then turned those ideas into Adwizar, a company that manages and monetizes social media accounts. The company manages social media pages of artists such as Bow Wow, Kevin Gates, Soulja Boy, Master P, Birdman, and Bone Thugs-n-Harmony.
On February 14, 2017, Smith released his first book, titled Spectacular Love: How to Make Good Love Last published by Blue Star Productions.
- 2005: Grind with Me
- 2005: Your Body
- 2006: Nothing but a Number
- 2006: On the Hotline
- 2007: Love like Honey
- 2008: Knockin Boots 08
- 2008: Cuddle Up (featuring Butta Creame)
- 2009: Tipsy (In Dis Club)
- 2009: Say a Command
- 2010: Personal Freak
- 2010: Cookie Cutter
- 2011: Topless
- 2015: Puddles
- "Black History Month: The 5 Most Influential Entrepreneurs at the Intersection of Music and Tech". Black Enterprise. Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- "Pretty Ricky singer goes from broke to making millions by tweeting". Rolling Out. Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- "Black History Month: The top 5 Most Influential Entrepreneurs at the Intersection of Music and Tech". Black Enterprise. Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- "Here's How Spectacular Smith Went From Pretty Ricky to Dead Broke to Raking in Millions on Social Media". VH1. Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- Carter, Brooke (12 March 2017). "What Happened to Pretty Ricky 2017 - What They're Doing Now". Gazette Review.
- "Pretty Ricky Reunited for Final Album and Tour". The Boombox. Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- "Pretty Ricky, Shins Grab Top Album Chart Spots". Billboard.com.
- "Don't Miss These 4 Shows - By jschiewe - May 18, 2017 - SF Weekly". SF Weekly. 18 May 2017.
- "R&B To ROI: Meet The Man Helping Celebrities Go Viral". Inc.com.
- "Pretty Ricky's Spectacular Shares His Bedroom Tips, and Talks About His New Album 'Sex God'". The Boombox.
- Setaro, Shawn. "Spectacular Smith Uses Social Media To Make Big Bucks With Adwizar". Forbes.com.
- "He Used to Sing in a Boy Band. Now He's Making Millions by Tweeting (a Lot)". Inc.com. 16 August 2017. Retrieved 17 June 2018.