The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Products||Enterprise Segment Offering: Internet Product, Connectivity Product, Data Center, VOIP Home Segment Offering: (FTTH) broadband internet services|
|Services||[[Broadband internet] Business Internet, Video Transport, Private Line, Carrier Access Connect]|
Number of employees
|800+ (April 2017)|
|Parent||Shyam Telecom Ltd.|
Shyam Spectra Pvt. Ltd., previously known as and Citycom Networks Pvt. Ltd. or Spectranet, is a Gurgaon headquartered internet service provider which offersfiber optic broadband services to residential, business, and enterprise customers in Delhi, Gurugram, Noida, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, and Pune.
It is licensed to provide broadband, internet, national long distance, and international long distance services across India. Spectranet was founded by Punj Lloyd in 2000 to provide internet services to small and medium sized businesses in Delhi/NCR and Bangalore. India's Shyam Group bought the business from Punj Lloyd in June 2008. Subsequently, Spectranet expanded its reach within Delhi/NCR and Bengaluru and also began operations in Mumbai and Chennai.
In 2012, Spectranet launched Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) services in Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, and Bangalore. In September 2017, Spectranet rebranded as 'Spectra'. The motive behind the re-branding was to build more brand awareness and to showcase the greater motive behind the company's mission - "to fix the broken Indian broadband market".
The website follows business-to-business and business-to-consumer models. It offers fiber optic broadband and cloud-based services for residential and business users in Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Noida, and Pune. It provides internet related services such as VoIP, connectivity, datacenter, voice, collaboration, and security solutions.
Awards and recognition
- In 2012 - Wins National Telecom Award for “INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS FOR MOBILE DATA”.
- In June 2017 - Spectra pips Airtel in home broadband speed in June: Netflix 
- "Citycom Networks Private Limited: Private Company Information". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2017-12-21.
- "Spectranet Becomes Spectra, Offers FUP-Free 100Mbps Plans to Consumers". NDTV Gadgets360.com. Retrieved 2017-09-22.
- "Spectra gears up to disrupt the 'broken Indian broadband market' with its rebranding". TechRadar. Retrieved 2017-09-22.
- "National Telecom Award". datacenterjournal.com. Retrieved May 15, 2012.
- "Netflix Ranks Spectranet Fastest in Fixed Broadband Speed". economictimes.com. Retrieved July 14, 2017.