|First issue||Winter (northern hemisphere), 1969|
|Company||Adventist Forum (Roseville, CA)|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Spectrum is the official publication of Adventist Forums and a non-official publication of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, published four times a year. It was established "to encourage Seventh-day Adventist participation in the discussion of contemporary issues from a Christian viewpoint, to look without prejudice at all sides of a subject, to evaluate the merits of diverse views, and to foster intellectual and cultural growth." It presents a theological point of view which tends to be from the liberal progressive Adventist viewpoint.
The magazine published the transcripts of some discussions from the 1919 Bible Conference in the 1970s. Editor Roy Branson later reflected that "was the single most important issue" of the journal.
- 1969–1975 Molleurus Couperus
- 1975–1978 Roy Branson and Charles Scriven
- 1978–1998 Roy Branson
- 1998 – present, Bonnie Dwyer
See also the "Meeting the Team" series of interviews, c. 2009.
Alisa Williams serves as managing editor of the Spectrum website. The website was majorly redeveloped in 2007. In December 2008, Spectrum reported that its website ranks second amongst "Adventist news and commentary oriented websites", topped only by the Adventist Review.
- Adventist Today, a Moderate Adventist magazine
- Progressive Adventism
- List of Seventh-day Adventist periodicals
- "Spectrum: About Us". Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- Bull, Malcolm; Lockhart, Keith (2007). Seeking a sanctuary: seventh-day Adventism and the American dream (2nd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press. p. 322. ISBN 978-0-253-34764-0.
- Association of Adventist Forums. "About Spectrum Magazine". Spectrum magazine. Archived from the original on 2007-01-01. Retrieved 2007-02-15.
- Cited in Michael W. Campbell, "The 1919 Bible Conference and Its Significance for Seventh-day Adventist History and Theology". PhD dissertation, Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary, Andrews University, 2008, p203
- For instance Jared Wright", and Jonathan Pichot, interviewed by Rachel Davies
- "Spectrum: About Us". Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- "December Fundraising Campaign  – A Closer Look at Costs" by Rich Hannon. Spectrum blog, 8 December 2008
- "December Fund Raising Campaign" by Rich Hannon. Spectrum blog, December 1, 2008