|Traded as||NASDAQ: SPPI|
S&P 600 Component
|Joseph Turgeon, Chief Executive Officer|
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals is an American biopharmaceutical company. The company is located in Irvine, California.
Spectrum develops and markets drugs for treatments in oncology.
- Fusilev (Levoleucovorin) for injection is a drug that was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 2008 for the US; the drug had been on the market in a number of European countries.
- Folotyn (pralatrexate) is an antifolate drug marketed for relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
- Zevalin (ibritumomab) is indicated for the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory, low‑grade or follicular B‑cell non‑Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), including patients with rituximab-refractory follicular NHL. It is a CD-20 radio-antibody.
- Marqibo (Vincristine sulfate liposomes injection) is a sphingomyelin/cholesterol liposome-encapsulated formulation of the FDA-approved anticancer drug vincristine. Marqibo's approved indication is for the treatment of adult patients with Philadelphia chromosome-negative acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph- ALL) in second or greater relapse or whose disease has progressed following two or more lines of anti-leukemia therapy. It was approved by the FDA in 2012.
- Beleodaq (belinostat) is an HDAC inhibitor for relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
- Evomela (melphalan) is an alkalyating drug for multiple myeloma.
- Qapzola (apaziquone) is a synthetic bio-reductive prodrug intended for the treatment of non-invasive bladder cancer that is currently in Phase 3 studies. Allergan invested money in 2008 to help develop this medication further and bring it to the market.
- Rolontis (eflapegrastim) is in phase III trials for treatment of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia.
- Poziotinib is a quinazoline-based pan-HER inhibitor that blocks signaling through HER tyrosine-kinase receptors including HER1 (erbB1; EGFR), HER2 (erbB2), and HER4 (erbB4). It is currently in phase II trials.
Spectrum terminated the development of Ozarelix, a luteinizing hormone releasing hormone antagonist for the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy in 2010. Other previous drug candidates included ortataxel for the treatment of taxane-refractory tumors, and satraplatin for non-small cell lung cancer.
- Clinical trials
- Marcial G (June 15, 2009). "Cancer drugs from Spectrum". Businessweek: 67.