Speed of Light (Iron Maiden song)
|"Speed of Light"|
|Single by Iron Maiden|
|from the album The Book of Souls|
|Released||14 August 2015|
|Recorded||Guillaume Tell Studios, Paris in 2014|
|Label||Parlophone, BMG (US)|
|Iron Maiden singles chronology|
"Speed of Light" is a song by the English heavy metal band Iron Maiden from their sixteenth studio album, The Book of Souls. The song was released as a music video on 14 August 2015 and was also made available as a digital download and issued as a single-track CD exclusive to Best Buy in the US. It is the band's first single since 1996's "Virus" to use their original logo on the cover.
The song's music video was directed and produced by Llexi Leon, creator of the comic book series Eternal Descent, as well as the virtual band of the same name. The video is an "'homage' to four decades of video gaming", centring on the band's mascot, Eddie, as he travels "through the combined 35-year history of video games". The visual effects were provided by The Brewery, who had previously worked on the films Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (2010) and Spike Island (2012), as well as the 2014 TV series Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond.
- Iron Maiden
- Bruce Dickinson – vocals
- Dave Murray – guitars
- Janick Gers – guitars
- Adrian Smith – guitars
- Steve Harris – bass, co-production
- Nicko McBrain – drums
- "Iron Maiden - Old-School Arcade Video For "Speed of Light" Unveiled!". BraveWords.com. 14 August 2015. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- "Video Premiere: Iron Maiden's 'Speed of Light'". Blabbermouth.net. 14 August 2015. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- Chantler, Chris (14 August 2015). "The 15 Best Things About Iron Maiden's 'Speed of Light'". Metal Hammer. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- Bienstock, Richard (14 August 2015). "Iron Maiden Salute Video Games in New Video 'Speed of Light'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- Bienstock, Richard (14 August 2015). "Iron Maiden Premiere Video for New Single 'Speed of Light'". Revolver. Retrieved 16 August 2015.