Speke Resort and Conference Center
|Speke Resort and Conference Center|
|Location||Munyonyo, Kampala, Uganda|
|Number of rooms||335|
|Number of suites||59|
|Number of restaurants||5|
The Speke Resort and Conference Center is a hotel-resort-conference-center in Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda, the third-largest economy in the East African Community. It is one of the five 4-star hotels in Kampala, as rated by the Uganda Tourism Board in June 2015.
The hotel is in Munyonyo, Makindye Division, in the southeastern part of Kampala, along the northern shores of Lake Victoria. This location is approximately 13 kilometres (8.1 mi), by road, southeast of Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of the hotel are 0°14'15.0"N, 32°37'30.0"E (Latitude:0.2375; Longitude:32.6250). The resort lies adjacent to the Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort.
Amenities on-site include an Olympic-size infinity swimming pool, a choice of luxury apartments, cottages, at least five restaurants, bars, an equestrian center, and a gymnasium. Accommodation consists of 335 rooms, including 55 executive suites and 59 presidential suites. Conference facilities can accommodate up to 500 guests. The marina has chauffeured and self-drive watercraft available for hire. Private yachts and boats are also accommodated. Helicopter rides for hire are also on offer.
- Barigaba, Julius (4 July 2015). "Hotels In Kampala Get Classified, Seven Years On". The EastAfrican. Nairobi. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- "Distance Between Central Kampala And Munyonyo With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Google (4 July 2015). "Location of Speke Resort and Conference Center" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- Kiryowa, Sebidde (24 November 2012). "Sudhir Richest Man In East Africa – Forbes". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Monitor Reporter (14 February 2016). "Speke Resort Munyonyo Scoops Luxury Standard Award". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- UHOA. "Kampala Hotels: Speke Resort Munyonyo". Uganda Hotel Owners' Association (UOHA). Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- RG (15 February 2016). "Ruparelia Group: Hospitalty, Conventions and Leisure". Kampala: Ruparelia Group (RG). Retrieved 15 February 2016.