Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Janet Greek|
|Produced by||Brian Russell
|Written by||Tracy Tormé|
|Music by||Basil Poledouris|
|Edited by||Steve Mirkovich|
Indian Neck Entertainment
Wizan Film Properties
|Distributed by||MGM/UA Communications Co.|
|Box office||$657,446 (USA)|
Spellbinder is a 1988 American thriller film directed by Janet Greek, starring Timothy Daly and Kelly Preston. The screenplay was written by Tracy Tormé. The original music score was written by Basil Poledouris. The film was marketed with the tagline "A nightmare of illusion and betrayal".
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (June 2017)|
When Los Angeles attorney Jeff Mills and his friend Derek Clayton rescue a young beautiful woman, Miranda Reed, from an apparently abusive boyfriend, the trouble starts. Miranda has no home so Jeff offers her to stay at his house. Jeff unknowing becomes involved with Miranda and the web of intrigue that follows her. But as the two became lovers, Jeff learns that Miranda is on the run from the witches' coven (to which she belongs).
But now the coven wants Miranda back as a sacrifice at the winter solstice tomorrow night. She must come to them of her own free will, and the coven try to force her into doing so, using sorcery to taunt and terrify the two of them. Miranda tells Jeff of her situation, but not the entire truth, and Jeff willingly helps Miranda out of her troubles, but creates his own.
- Timothy Daly as Jeff Mills
- Kelly Preston as Miranda Reed
- Rick Rossovich as Derek Clayton
- Audra Lindley as Mrs. White
- Anthony Crivello as Aldys
- Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Lieutenant Lee
- Diana Bellamy as Grace Woods
- James Watkins as Tim Weatherly
- Kyle T. Heffner as Herbie Green
- M. C. Gainey as Brock
- Stefan Gierasch as Edgar De Witt
- Roderick Cook as Ed Kennerle
- "Spellbinder". boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
|This article about a 1980s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|