Spellbound (Tygers of Pan Tang album)
|Studio album by Tygers of Pan Tang|
|Studio||Morgan Studios, London|
|Tygers of Pan Tang chronology|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||8/10|
Spellbound is the second album by British heavy metal band Tygers of Pan Tang, produced in 1981 on MCA. Spellbound is the first of two full length Tygers of Pan Tang albums to feature as second guitarist John Sykes, who later joined Thin Lizzy. The album was re-issued in 1989 in a double-LP package with Wild Cat and on CD in 1997 with bonus tracks.
"Hellbound" was covered by American thrash metal band Heathen as a bonus track for the album Victims of Deception as well as German NWOBHM tribute act Roxxcalibur on their 2011 sophomore release, Lords of the NWOBHM, while "Gangland" was covered by German thrash metal band Kreator in 1987 on their "Behind the Mirror" single and on 1988 EP Out of the Dark ... Into the Light. "Gangland" was also covered by Belgian combat metal band Fireforce in 2014 on their "Deathbringer" album.
All songs written by Tygers of Pan Tang
- Side one
- "Gangland" - 3:43
- "Take It" - 4:27
- "Minotaur" - 0:22
- "Hellbound" - 3:30
- "Mirror" - 4:34
- Side two
- "Silver and Gold" - 3:35
- "Tyger Bay" - 3:28
- "The Story So Far" - 3:29
- "Blackjack" - 3:15
- "Don't Stop By" - 4:04
- 1997 CD re-issue bonus tracks
- "All or Nothing" - 2:44 (Small Faces cover)
- "Don't Give a Damn" - 4:32
- "Bad Times" - 2:41
- "It Ain't Easy" - 4:03
- "Don't Take Nothing" - 2:46
- Band members
- Jon Deverill - lead and backing vocals
- Robb Weir - lead guitar, backing vocals
- John Sykes - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Richard "Rocky" Laws - bass, backing vocals
- Brian Dick - drums
- Chris Tsangarides - producer, engineer
- Andrew Warwick - assistant engineer
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Tygers of Pan Tang Spellbound review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- Popoff, Martin (1 November 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 371. ISBN 978-1894959315.
- "Tygers of Pan Tang - Spellbound". Encyclopaedia Metallum. Retrieved 2011-03-17.