Spencer family (General Hospital)
|General Hospital family|
(l-r): Lucky Spencer (Greg Vaughan), Elizabeth Webber (Rebecca Herbst), Lesley Webber (Denise Alexander), Lulu Spencer (Julie Marie Berman), Laura Spencer (Genie Francis), Luke Spencer (Anthony Geary), Nikolas Cassadine (Tyler Christopher), Emily Quartermaine (Natalia Livingston), Bobbie Spencer (Jacklyn Zeman), 2006
|Created by||Douglas Marland|
|Original run||December 1977—|
The Spencer family is a fictional family on the American soap opera General Hospital. The family is created by Douglas Marland and first introduced in 1977 when Bobbie Spencer arrives in Port Charles. Bobbie's brother, Luke arrived a year later in 1978. Supercouple Luke and Laura Spencer are part of this family, known for their romance and many adventures. The Spencer family is characterized as an adventurous bunch, but many in the family have struggled with various types of substance abuse. They are known for their longstanding feud with the Cassadine family. The family is currently represented by: Lulu, Bobbie, Carly, Lucas, Valerie, Michael, Josslyn, Cameron, Jake, Aiden, Rocco and Charlotte. The Spencers are the owners of the Haunted Star yacht, which is a staple establishment in the Port Charles community.
- Timothy "Tim" Spencer (Anthony Geary)
The father of Pat, Luke and Bobbie Spencer. He married a woman named Lena Eckert (Laura Wright) who gave birth to Pat, Luke and Bobbie. Tim was a dock worker and struggled with alcoholism. He was physically abusive to Lena and his children. After Lena died from a burst appendix, Tim walked out on his children never to be seen or heard from again. Luke and Bobbie are then sent to live with Tim's sister, Ruby in Jacksonville, Florida. It was revealed in 2015 that Lena died in 1963 when Luke accidentally hit her in the head with a bat while he was trying to defend her during a heated argument with Tim. Luke then killed his father in a fit of rage.
- Ruby Spencer Anderson (Norma Connolly)
Ruby is the younger sister of Tim. After Tim and Lena died, Pat sent Luke and Bobbie to Florida to live with Ruby. Ruby raised Luke and Bobbie in Florida, where she worked as a prostitute to support them. In 1979, she came to Port Charles, and got a job at General Hospital. After working at General Hospital for a while, she moved on and became the owner of Kelly's Diner. Ruby was surprised when hospital administrator, Dan Rooney, who she assumed was involved with nurse Jessie Brewer, asked her out. Dan and Ruby dated for many years, but after many proposals, Ruby gently turned him down, claiming her past made her feel unworthy of him. Ruby dies in her sleep of natural causes in 1999.
- Patricia "Pat" Spencer (Dee Wallace)
Patricia, known as Pat, is the unseen older sister of Bobbie and Luke. Only mentioned several times, not much is known about her. She never went to Florida with Luke and Bobbie and it is unknown what happened to her. After years of not being spoken of, Pat is mentioned frequently in 2014 after Luke suffers a mental break and Lulu and Tracy feel Pat is the key to unlocking the cause of the breakdown. She has one daughter named Valerie whom she raised as a single mother in Philadelphia.
- Lucas Lorenzo "Luke" Spencer Sr. (Anthony Geary)
Born around 1948, Luke is the only son of Tim and Lena Spencer. He was born and raised in Port Charles, New York. He grew up in a low income family and was characterized as street smart. He was raised by a loving mother and an abusive father until the night they died. He befriended Lila Morgan Quartermaine as a teenager, before moving to Florida. He arrived back in Port Charles in 1978 as a con artist. He then became the owner of various businesses around Port Charles. Luke married Laura Webber and together they have two children, Lucky and Lulu. He also has another son, Ethan Lovett, with Holly Sutton.
- Barbara Jean "Bobbie" Spencer (Jacklyn Zeman)
Bobbie is the youngest child of Tim and Lena and the younger sister of Luke. She was born in Port Charles on July 8, 1957. At the age of 14, she began working as a prostitute with her aunt Ruby, who worked in the same profession. At 16, she got pregnant by John Durant, who later came to town as a lawyer. Bobbie gave birth to a daughter, Carly and gave her up for adoption. Bobbie returned to Port Charles in 1977 working as a nurse and took a job at General Hospital. Bobbie married Dr. Tony Jones and adopted his daughter, B.J. She and Tony later adopted a son together named, Lucas Jones.
- Caroline Leigh "Carly" Corinthos (Sarah Joy Brown, Tamara Braun, Jennifer Bransford, Laura Wright)
Carly is the daughter of Bobbie Spencer and John Durant. She was raised by adoptive parents, Frank and Virginia Benson in Florida. Carly arrives in Port Charles in 1996 aware that Bobbie is her biological mother and plans revenge on Bobbie for abandoning her. Carly and Bobbie had a rocky relationship but overtime they have reconciled. Carly worked in several professions over the years including owning two businesses. Carly now works as co-owner of the MetroCourt Hotel. Carly has three children; Michael Corinthos, with A.J. Quartermaine, who was later adopted by Sonny Corinthos, Morgan Corinthos, with Sonny, and Josslyn Jacks, with Jasper Jacks.
- Lucas Lorenzo "Lucky" Spencer Jr. (Jonathan Jackson, Jacob Young, Greg Vaughan)
Lucky is the oldest child and only son of Luke and Laura Spencer. He was born in 1985 and as a child lived with his parents who were on the run from mobster, Frank Smith. He took part in many of his parents' adventures as a child and young adult. In 1999 he was presumed dead in a fire, but was really being held captive by Helena Cassadine. Helena lets a brainwashed Lucky go in 2000 and Elizabeth Webber helps Lucky break free of the mind control. As an adult, Lucky became a police detective. Lucky has three children; Cameron Spencer, Elizabeth son's whom he adopted, Jake Spencer, Elizabeth's son whom he raised and Aiden Spencer, with Elizabeth. Lucky left town in 2011 and moved to Ireland.
- Barbara Jean "B.J." Jones (Brighton Hertford)
B.J. was born in 1986 as the daughter of Dr. Tony Jones and Tania Roskov. She was named Barbara Jean in honor of Bobbie, who helped her mother deliver her. Tania was killed soon after she was born, and B.J. was adopted and raised by Bobbie and Tony. B.J. dies in 1994 after a school bus accident left her brain dead. Her heart was donated to her cousin, Maxie Jones, who was suffering from Kawasaki syndrome.
- Ethan Lovett (Nathan Parsons)
Ethan is the son of Luke Spencer and Holly Sutton, born of an affair between the two. He was raised in Australia by adoptive parents Frank and Carol Lovett, until they died when he was 15. He arrived in Port Charles in 2009 searching for his birth father, who he believed was either Luke or Robert Scorpio. Holly arrived in town soon after Ethan and revealed to him that she was his mother, and Luke was his father. Over time Ethan developed relationships with his parents and new siblings, Lucky and Lulu. He worked as a bartender at the Haunted Star before leaving town in 2012.
- Valerie Spencer (Brytni Sarpy)
Valerie is the daughter of Pat Spencer, who is first introduced in 2015 when Lulu and Tracy Quartermaine (Jane Elliot) go searching for Pat, believing she can answer questions about Luke's mental illness. She didn't realize her mother had siblings or extended family. She now lives in Port Charles with her new family and works as PAA at the PCPD.
- Lucas Stansbury Jones (Ryan Carnes, Ben Hogestyn)
Bobbie's adopted son with Tony Jones. Lucas is the biological son of Julian Jerome and Cheryl Stansbury. When Lucas was born, he was believed to be the son of Robert Scorpio. After Tony dies, Lucas moves to Seattle. He later returns to Port Charles, where he works as a doctor. Lucas is gay, and married to his colleague Brad Cooper.
- Lesley Lu "Lulu" Spencer (Julie Marie Berman, Emme Rylan)
Youngest child and only daughter of Luke and Laura Spencer. She was born onscreen August 8, 1994 and was raised by her grandmother, Lesley Webber. As a baby, she is diagnosed with aplastic anemia and is saved by a bone marrow transplant from her half-brother, Nikolas Cassadine. As a teen, Lulu was rebellious and acted out against her father for not being present in her life. She got involved with Dillon Quartermaine and became pregnant, but had an abortion. Lulu is the co-owner of the Haunted Star. She is married to Dante Falconeri. Lulu has a son Rocco Falconeri, with Dante, and a daughter, Charlotte Cassadine, with Valentin Cassadine.
- Michael Alan Quartermaine (Dylan Cash, Drew Garrett, Chad Duell)
Carly's son with A.J. Quartermaine, who was adopted and raised by Sonny Corinthos at a young age. A.J., Sonny, and Carly all battled for custody of Michael when he was young. Michael was shot and left in a coma for a year, and was also kidnapped due to the fighting between his parents. Michael eventually built a relationship with A.J. when he was an adult, but still considers Sonny his father.
- Morgan Stone Corinthos (Bryan Craig)
Carly's son with Sonny Corinthos. He was born onscreen in 2003 and SORASed several times. He was raised by Carly and her ex-husband, Jasper Jacks, primarily due to Carly not wanting the mob to influence Morgan's life. Morgan later believed that his own parents preferred Michael over him, and developed a resentment towards them. He was briefly married to Kiki Jerome. Morgan suffered from bipolar disorder, just like Sonny. He was killed in a car bombing.
- Josslyn John Jacks (Hannah Nordberg, Eden McCoy)
Carly's daughter with Jasper Jacks. She was born onscreen November 3, 2009. Her godparents are Jason Morgan and Lulu Spencer. As a toddler, she is diagnosed with stage five kidney cancer. She was saved by a donated kidney from Jake Spencer, who was left brain dead after a hit and run accident.
- Cameron Steven Spencer (Braeden Walkes, Michael Leone)
The biological son of Lucky's ex-wife, Elizabeth Webber and Zander Smith. Cameron's birth was referred to on May 11, 2004 in California. Zander died before Cameron's birth. Cameron is named after Zander's father, Cameron Lewis, and Elizabeth's brother Steve Webber. Though Lucky never legally adopts Cameron, he is the only father Cameron has ever known.
- Jacob Martin "Jake" Spencer (James Nigbor, Hudson West)
Lucky's legal son with Elizabeth Webber, although he is the biological son of Jason Morgan. Born onscreen in 2007, Jake was raised by Lucky, who eventually discovered the truth of Jake's paternity. Jake was presumed dead in 2011 after a hit-and-run accident left him brain dead. In July 2015, it was revealed that Jake is alive and was kidnapped by Helena Cassadine.
- Aiden Spencer (Jason David)
Lucky's only biological son with Elizabeth Webber, born onscreen in 2010. He was originally believed to be the son of Nikolas Cassadine.
- Rocco Falconeri (Mason Tannous, O’Neill Monahan)
Lulu's son with Dante Falconeri, born onscreen September 9, 2013. The child is carried by Dr. Britt Westbourne, who steals Dante and Lulu's embryos and tries to pass the infant off as Patrick Drake's. When Rocco is born, Britt raises him as her own son. However, the truth comes out, and Rocco is returned to Dante and Lulu.
- Charlotte Cassadine (Scarlett Fernandez)
Lulu's daughter with Valentin Cassadine. The child is carried by Claudette Beaulieu. Charlotte was raised by Valentin and Claudette, until Claudette realized Valentin was dangerous and took Charlotte on the run for several years. When Claudette leaves Port Charles, Charlotte is left behind, where Valentin finds her. Lulu did not know about Charlotte's existence or her birth.
- Lena Eckert Spencer (Laura Wright) - Tim's wife (dissolved) 
- Laura Webber (Genie Francis) - Luke's wife (1981–2001, 2006) 
- Tracy Quartermaine (Jane Elliot) - Luke's wife (2005–10, 2010–11, 2014) 
- D.L. Brock (David Groh) - Bobbie's husband (1984–85) 
- Jake Meyer (Sam Behrens) - Bobbie's husband (1986–88) 
- Anthony "Tony" Jones (Brad Maule) - Bobbie's husband (1989–96) 
- Stefan Cassadine (Stephen Nichols - Bobbie's husband (1996–97) 
- A. J. Quartermaine (Sean Kanan) - Carly's husband (1999–2000) 
- Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard) - Carly's husband (2000–01, 2002–05, 2007, 2015—) 
- Lorenzo Alcazar (Ted King) - Carly's husband (2005) 
- Jasper "Jax" Jacks (Ingo Rademacher) - Carly's husband (2007–13) 
- Elizabeth Webber (Rebecca Herbst) - Lucky's wife (2005–07, 2007) 
- Siobhan McKenna (Erin Chambers) - Lucky's wife (2011) 
- Dante Falconeri (Dominic Zamprogna) - Lulu's husband (2011–16, 2016—) 
- Lauren Katherine "Kiki" Jerome (Kristen Alderson) - Morgan's wife (2013) 
- Bradley "Brad" Cooper (Parry Shen) - Lucas' husband (2016—)
- Unnamed man (deceased), married Unnamed woman
- Timothy "Tim" Spencer, married Lena Eckert (194?–63)
- Pat Spencer (b. 1945; d. 2015)
- Valerie Spencer (b. 1987); Pat's daughter
- Luke Spencer (b. 1947), married Laura Webber (1981–2001, 2006), Tracy Quartermaine (2005–10, 2010–11, 2014)
- Lucky Spencer (b. 1982) Luke and Laura's son, married Elizabeth Webber (2005–07, 2007), Siobhan McKenna (2011)
- Ethan Lovett (b. 1987) Luke's son with Holly Sutton, married Maya Ward (2010–11)
- Lulu Spencer (b. 1988) Luke and Laura's daughter, married Dante Falconeri (2011–16, 2016–)
- Bobbie Spencer (b. 1954), married D. L. Brock (1984–85), Jake Meyer (1986–88), Tony Jones (1989–96), Stefan Cassadine (1996–97)
- Carly Benson (b. 1972), Bobbie's daughter with John Durant, married A. J. Quartermaine (1999–2000), Sonny Corinthos (2000–01, 2001–02, 2002–05, 2007, 2015–), Lorenzo Alcazar (2005), Jasper Jacks (2007–13)
- B. J. Jones (b. 1986; d. 1994), Tony's daughter with Tania Roskov, adopted by Bobbie
- Lucas Jones (b. 1986), Bobbie and Tony's adopted son, married Brad Cooper (2016–)
- Pat Spencer (b. 1945; d. 2015)
- Ruby Spencer, Tim's sister who raised Luke and Bobbie (born 1924; died 1999)
- Timothy "Tim" Spencer, married Lena Eckert (194?–63)
- "Which Spencer Are You?". SOAPnet. sn.soapnet.go.com. Retrieved November 18, 2012.
- Wendy Riche (Executive producer); Claire Labine (Head writer) (January 30, 1995). General Hospital. Season 31. ABC.
Luke: The last time I saw my father I was seven years old. We had no food, no heat, only a half-empty bottle of cheap scotch. My mother had just died from a burst appendix, in front of my eyes. My father took one look around, polished off the bottle, and walked out on me, my three-year-old sister, and my mother’s body. So don’t tell me I don’t know what you’re going through.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Ruby Anderson | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- Mentioned in a 1978 episode
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Luke Spencer | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Bobbie Spencer | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Caroline "Carly" Leigh Jacks | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles |Lucky Spencer | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- Ciaccia, Maria. "The Death of B. J. Jones". About.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Ethan Lovett | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "GH CASTS A NEW SPENCER!". Soap Opera Digest. American Media, Inc. March 20, 2015. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Lucas Jones | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Lesley Lu "Lulu" Spencer | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Morgan Stone Corinthos | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- Jill Farren Phelps (Executive producer); Robert Guza, Jr. and Charles Pratt, Jr. (Head writers) (May 11, 2004). General Hospital. Season 41. American Broadcasting Company.
- Jill Farren Phelps (Executive producer); Robert Guza, Jr. (Head writer) (April 1, 2008). General Hospital. Season 45. General Hospital Transcript Tuesday 4/1/08. American Broadcasting Company.
Elizabeth: Cameron Steven Webber, what are you doing? Give this to me. You know you're not supposed to be playing with them. I'm sorry.
- Jill Farren Phelps (Executive producer); Robert Guza, Jr. (Head writer) (October 17, 2007). General Hospital. Season 44. GH Transcript Wednesday 10/17/07. American Broadcasting Company.
Diane: Custody, or even visitation of Cameron is off the table. Cameron is not Lucky's son, legally or biologically, so Lucky has no rights, whatsoever as far as Elizabeth’s oldest son is concerned.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Laura Spencer | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Tracy Angelica Quartermaine | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Anthony Jones | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Stefan Cassadine | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Alan James "A.J." Quartermaine, Jr. | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Michael "Sonny" Corinthos, Jr. | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Lorenzo Alcazar | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Jasper Jacks | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Elizabeth Imogene Webber | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Siobhan McKenna | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Dante Falconeri | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "About GH: Who's Who in Port Charles | Lauren Katherine "Kiki" Jerome | General Hospital @". Soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.