Spencer Allen (baseball)
|Born||December 10, 1977|
|1997–1998||Green River College|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|2002||Edmonds Community College (assistant)|
|2004||Iowa (volunteer assistant)|
|2010–2012||Washington State (assistant)|
|Head coaching record|
Spencer Allen is an American baseball coach and former second baseman. He played college baseball at Green River College from 1997 to 1998 before transferring to Iowa State from 1999 to 2001 for head coach Lyle Smith. He then served as the head coach of the Northwestern Wildcats (2016–2021).
Allen attended Capital High School in Olympia, Washington. Allen played for the school's varsity baseball team for three years. He was named a First Team All-Conference selection as a sophomore while playing the outfield. Allen then enrolled at the Green River College, to play college baseball for the Green River Gators baseball team.
As a redshirt freshman in 1998, Allen was named a 2nd Team All-Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges.
Allen had his best season as a senior in 2001, hitting career highs in doubles (10), home runs (1), RBIs (17), batting average (.267) and slugging (.360).
Head coaching record
|Northwestern Wildcats (Big Ten Conference) (2016–2021)|
|2017||Northwestern||24–28||13–11||7th||Big Ten Tournament|
|2020||Northwestern||6–6||0–0||Season canceled due to COVID-19|
Postseason invitational champion
- "Spence Allen Head Baseball Coach". www.nusports.com. Northwestern University. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "BHL". Centralia Chronicle. May 25, 1994. Retrieved March 16, 2019 – via NewspaperARCHIVE.com.
- "Men's Baseball NWAACC and Divisional Awards". www.greenriver.edu. Green River College. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- Alex Putterman (June 14, 2015). "Baseball: Northwestern hires Illinois' Spencer Allen as next coach". www.dailynorthwestern.com. The Daily Northwestern. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- Ben Chasen (May 31, 2021). "BREAKING: Spencer Allen will not return as Northwestern's head baseball coach". www.insidenu.com. Vox Media, LLC. Retrieved June 3, 2021.