|Born||January 12, 1967|
|Alma mater||University of Wales (University College Cardiff), University of Warwick|
|Member of the Monetary Policy Committee|
July 2008 – May 2014
|Governor||Mervyn King (2003–2013)
Mark Carney (2013-2014)
Spencer Dale (born 12 January 1967) is a British economist who sat on the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee from 2008 through 2014, including a period as Chief Economist. He is the group chief economist of BP. 
Dale was educated at the University of Wales (University College Cardiff), gaining BSc in Economics in 1988 and at the University of Warwick, gaining an MSc in Economics in 1989, whereupon he immediately joined the Bank of England. He was appointed to the position of Chief Economist on 1 July 2008. He stopped being Chief Economist with effect from 1 June 2014, becoming the Bank's Executive Director for Financial Stability Strategy and Risk, moving from the Monetary Policy Committee to the Financial Policy Committee.
On 4 August 2014 it was announced that Dale would leave his post at the Bank of England in October 2014 to take up the position of Chief Economist at BP. He manages BP's global economics team and provides economic input into the firm’s commercial decisions. BP’s economics team also produces the annual Statistical Review of World Energy and Energy Outlook.
- "Spencer Dale, Executive Director and Chief Economist Bank of England Chamber speaks at Chamber lunch". exeterchamber.co.uk. Exeter Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Larry Elliott (4 August 2014). "Bank of England former chief economist leaves to join BP". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- Profile at the Bank of England
- Mark Carney (17 March 2014). "Appointments to MPC and FPC" (PDF). Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- James Titcomb and Szu Ping Chan (4 August 2014). "Bank of England's Spencer Dale jumps ship to BP". Telegraph.
- BP website
- "British Petroleum appoints Spencer Dale as new Group Chief Economist". Economic Times. 4 August 2014. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "MOVES--BP appoints BoE's Dale as group chief economist". Reuters. 4 August 2014. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
|July 2008 – February 2009:||King | Bean | Barker | Tucker | Gieve | Blanchflower | Besley | Sentance | Dale|
|March 2009 – April 2009:||King | Bean | Barker | Tucker | Blanchflower | Besley | Sentance | Dale | Fisher|
|June 2009 – August 2009:||King | Bean | Barker | Tucker | Besley | Sentance | Dale | Fisher | Miles|
|September 2009 – July 2010:||King | Bean | Barker | Tucker | Sentance | Dale | Fisher | Miles | Posen|
|August 2010 – May 2011:||King | Bean | Tucker | Sentance | Dale | Fisher | Miles | Posen | Weale|
|June 2011 – August 2012:||King | Bean | Tucker | Dale | Fisher | Miles | Posen | Weale | Broadbent|
|September 2012 – June 2013:||King | Bean | Tucker | Dale | Fisher | Miles | McCafferty | Weale | Broadbent|
|Governor: Mark Carney (July 2013 – present)|
|July 2013 – October 2013:||Carney | Bean | Tucker | Dale | Fisher | Miles | McCafferty | Weale | Broadbent|
|November 2013 – May 2014:||Carney | Bean | Cunliffe | Dale | Fisher | Miles | McCafferty | Weale | Broadbent|