Spencer Township, Lucas County, Ohio
|Spencer Township, Lucas County, Ohio|
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
Spencer Township, Lucas County
|• Total||12.1 sq mi (31.4 km2)|
|• Land||12.1 sq mi (31.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
|• Density||155/sq mi (59.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086533|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Richfield Township - north
- Sylvania Township - northeast
- Springfield Township - east
- Monclova Township - southeast
- Swanton Township - south
- Harding Township - southwest
- Fulton Township, Fulton County - west
- Amboy Township, Fulton County - northwest corner
Name and history
Spencer Township was established in 1845.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Spencer township, Lucas County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- Waggoner, Clark (1888). History of the City of Toledo and Lucas County, Ohio. Munsell & Company. p. 871.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.