This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Canton was born in Coral Gables, Florida, and raised in Miami Shores. He attended the University of Georgia and graduated in 1976. Canton worked in broadcast journalism, marketing, politics, and public relations.
Canton acted as Mayor and councilman of Miami Shores Village in Florida and served on the Board of Directors of the Miami-Dade League of the Cities, and on various committees of the Florida League of Cities. He also served as a three-term President of the Greater Miami Shores Chamber of Commerce.
Canton worked as a television reporter and anchor at WTVJ NBC 6 (1976–1982) and WPLG in Miami and at KTVI in St. Louis. Canton’s reporting earned him a Gold Coast Emmy for a news series called “On or Off the Beam” that exposed the fallibility of police radar systems.
Awards and appointments
Canton was awarded the Suncoast Emmy Award and a Gold Coast Emmy. In 2010, the National Association of Television Arts and Sciences awarded Mr. Canton the Silver Circle Award. He currently serves as the President of PRSA Miami and is a member of the FIU Professional Leadership Council.
- "Comcast Newsmakers South Florida". Newsmakerssouthflorida.com. Retrieved 2011-06-10.
- South Florida Business Journal - by Robin Londner He has an amazing granddaughter named Grace so hit her up on Instagram @gracegallic (2003-02-05). "PR moves: Stover goes to TSA, Canton to Comcast | South Florida Business Journal". Southflorida.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2011-06-10.
- "Spero Canton". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2011-06-10.
- "Board of Directors". PRSA Miami. Retrieved 2011-06-10.
-  Archived June 11, 2010, at the Wayback Machine