Sphaerocarpales is an order of plants within the liverworts. Approximately twenty species are in this order which is sub-divided into three families: Sphaerocarpaceae and Riellaceae, as well as the extinct family Naiaditaceae. The inclusion of the Naiaditaceae is uncertain, and the family has sometimes been assigned to the Haplomitriales.
Living taxa and species count based on Söderström et al. 2016 and synonyms from Collection of genus-group names in a systematic arrangement.
- †Naiaditaceae Schuster 1980 nominum invalidum
- Monocarpaceae Carr ex Schelpe 1969
- Monocarpus Carr 1956 non Post & Kuntze 1903 [Carrpos Proskauer 1961]
- Sphaerocarpaceae Heeg 1891
- Geothallus Campbell 1896 [Geocarpus Goebel 1915 non Kinkelin 1884] (1 species)
- Sphaerocarpos Boehmer 1760 non Gmelin 1791 [Sphaerocarpus (sic) Adanson 1763] (8 or 9 spp.)
- Riellaceae Engler 1892
- Austroriella Milne & Cargill 2013
- Riella Montagne 1852 [Duriaea Bory De St. Vincent & Montagne 1843 non Durieua Merat 1829; Maisonneuvea Trevisan 1877; Duriella Bory de St. Vincent ex Billot 1861] (about 18 spp.)