(Redirected from Sphagia)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Native name: Σφακτηρία|
Sphacteria from Pylos
|Area||3.2 km2 (1.2 sq mi)|
|Pop. density||0 /km2 (0 /sq mi)|
- the 425 BC Battle of Sphacteria in the Peloponnesian war.
- the 1825 AD Battle of Sphacteria in the Greek War of Independence from the Ottoman Empire
- the 1827 AD Battle of Navarino, also in the Greek War of Independence
- Purdy, John (1826). The new sailing directions for the Mediterranean sea, the Adriatic sea ... London: R.H. Laurie. p. 213.
- Diodorus Siculus, 12.61-63
|This Peloponnese location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|