|Genres||Progressive rock, jazz fusion|
Grey Lady Down
|Members||Steve Anderson - guitars
William Burnett - bass
Neil Durant - keyboards
Jamie Fisher - drums
|Past members||John Almark - drums
John Duncan - vocals
Pete Fisher - drums
Frank Watson - drums
Originally formed in the 1990s, the band has been constantly evolving ever since. Starting out as a five-piece progressive rock band with vocals, they later became a fully instrumental ensemble playing many musical genres.
Sphere3 have played extensively around the U.K. and Europe. In concert, they have gained a strong reputation for their live performances, and have played with several progressive rock acts such as The Flower Kings, Magnum, Focus, and IQ.
The band's current line-up features Steve Anderson on guitars (also with Grey Lady Down and The Room), William Burnett on bass (previously also with Psychoyogi), Neil Durant on keyboards (also with IQ), and Jamie Fisher on drums/percussion (also with ReGenesis, Santo El Diablo, and collaborations with Carrie Melbourne, Katie Melua’s producer Steve Sale, Samantha Fox, Charlie Bicknell, Celloman, Larp, The Guvnors, The Incredibly Strange Film Band, and opera singer Melinda Hughes).
- Demo (1992); cassette
- Signatures (1994); cassette EP
- Three Simple Words, track on Cyclops: The Second Sampler (1995); CD compilation
- Again, track on Cyclops: The Third Sampler (1996); CD compilation
- Shrimp.SNG, track on Cyclops: The Fourth Sampler (2000); CD compilation
- Paralysis (2001); 3-track CD EP
- Comeuppance (2002); CD album