|Founded||Parwanoo, India (2000 )|
|Founder||Handful of employees from Spice Telecom led by Saket Agarwal|
Number of locations
|Noida, Mumbai, Kolkata, Dehradun, Mohali|
Saket Agarwal - Global CEO
|Products||Aadhar Mini-ATM, SMS 139, Bharat bill payment, voice chat, GSP,[disambiguation needed] travel solutions|
|Services||Mobile VAS, financial technology, GST Suvidha provider, telecom solutions, enterprise solutions, Internet of things|
Number of employees
Spice Digital Limited, previously known as Cellebrum Technologies, was founded in year 2000. The company provides Telco Solutions, Value Added Services (MVAS), Enterprise Solutions, Financial technology, GSP and Digital transformation products and services. Spice Digital is headquartered at Noida in NCR, India. Spice Digital is a subsidiary of listed entity S Mobility, which has diversified interests in telecom space.
The company was incorporated in 2000 with a staff of 13. It invested Rs 100 crores, in July 2006, to soup up its technology and expand its product line. It set up a Rs 50 crore incubation fund for startup ventures. The company doubled its employee strength in 2006 taking its headcount to 400. It revamped its operations in 2007 to enhance its research and development capabilities.
Company inception - servicing telecom operators in India.
SDL incorporated Spice VAS Africa (SVA) with a local managing partner.
SDL started new business units:
- Data Analytics
- Financial Services
- Mobile Internet
- Mobile Marketing
- Enterprise Mobility
Launched B2B Travel & Tourism solution with the business name Spice Safar.
Launched premium e-ticketing platform bdtickets.com in Bangladesh.
- Invested in technology firm Creative Function Apps
- Acquired stake in Anytime Learning Private Limited
- Received PPI License from RBI
- Launched mobile wallet 'Spice Money' focusing on domestic remittances
- Formed a joint venture with Adgyde Solutions for building analytics-based solutions
- In principal approval from RBI to operate under Bharat Bill Payment System
- Created IoT Solutions for smart homes and smart cities
- Launched Aadhar enabled payment system services
- Launched Bharat bill payment system services
- Expanded businesses in Indonesia and Dubai
Products and services
Acquisitions and subsidiaries
Spice Digital (Africa)
On September 5, 2014, Spice Digital acquired 26 per cent (3,514) equity shares in share capital of Bangalore-based startup Vavia Technologies.
Spice Digital has since divested its entire equity stake of 26 percent in Vavia Technologies.
In January 2015, Spice Digital acquired 38.53% stake in Anytime Learning Private Limited, the Noida-based online education provider. Consequently, Anytime Learning has become an Associate Company of Spice Digital.
Spice Stellar Mobile Series
This is a series of mobiles launched by Spice Digital. As of February 2013 this series has five Android smartphones, including a tablet. They are Stellar Xtacy (known as mi-352), Stellar Craze (known as mi-335), Stellar Nhance (known as mi-435), Stellar Pad (known as mi-1010), Stellar Virtuoso (known as mi-495), and Stellar Pinnacle (known as mi-530). Where Xtacy is a low-budget Android phone, the Craze, Nhance and Pad is mid-budget phones and tablet, and the Virtuoso and Pinnacle are high-end multimedia phones. Nhance is also placed in this category because of its features and price.
On 4 July 2014, Spice launched its all-new Stellar 445 budget quad-core smartphone in India.
Spice Mobile launched the new budget smartphone Stallar 405 in India.
- "VAS provider Cellbrum to double headcount". 27 July 2006 – via The Economic Times.
- "Cellebrum goes for a major revamp".
- "Spice Digital Gets Pre-Paid Wallet License From RBI - Networked India". 22 May 2015.
- KJ, Shashidhar. "Spice Digital gets a wallet license from RBI - MediaNama". www.medianama.com.
- "Spice Mobility up 14% as subsidiary sells 26% stake in Vavia". Moneycontrol.
- "Spice Mobility subsidiary acquires 38.53% stake in Anytime Learning". Moneycontrol.
- Mukherjee, Riddhi. "Spice Digital picks up 38.5% stake in e-learning venture Anytime Learning - MediaNama". www.medianama.com.
- Spice Stallar 405 budget smartphone launched in India. tech4me.in