From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up spicule in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Spicules are any of various small needle-like anatomical structures occurring in organisms
Spicule may also refer to:
- Spicule (sponge), small skeletal elements of sea sponges
- Spicule (nematode), reproductive structures found in male nematodes (roundworms)
- Spicule (solar physics), jets of solar material from the Sun
- Spicule (glass manufacture), glass flakes formed in the production of glass vials
- Ossicle, any various small bones
- Process (anatomy), any outgrowths of tissue
- Sclerite, hardened body parts of invertebrates
- Spikelet, the inflorescence of grasses
- Stylet (anatomy), a piercing structure
- Tubercle, wart-shaped outgrowths of body tissue
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Spicule.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.