Spies in Disguise
|Spies in Disguise|
|Written by||Brad Copeland|
|Based on||Pigeon: Impossible|
by Lucas Martell
|Music by||Theodore Shapiro|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
Spies in Disguise is an upcoming American computer-animated spy film produced by Blue Sky Studios. Loosely based on Lucas Martell's 2009 animated short Pigeon: Impossible, the film will be directed by Nick Bruno and Troy Quane in their directorial debuts, and is set to star the voices of Will Smith, Tom Holland, Ben Mendelsohn, Karen Gillan, Rashida Jones, DJ Khaled and Masi Oka.
It is scheduled to be released on December 25, 2019, and is set to be the first Blue Sky Studios film to be distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Super spy Lance Sterling (Will Smith) and scientist Walter Beckett (Tom Holland) are almost exact opposites. Lance is smooth, suave and debonair. Walter is... not. But what Walter lacks in social skills he makes up for in smarts and invention, creating the awesome gadgets Lance uses on his epic missions. But when events take an unexpected turn, Walter and Lance suddenly have to rely on each other in a whole new way. And if this odd couple can’t learn to work as a team, the whole world is in peril.
- Will Smith as Lance Sterling, who is described as "the world's most awesome spy".
- Tom Holland as Walter Beckett, a socially inept scientific genius who designs gadgets.
- Ben Mendelsohn as Tristan McFord
- Karen Gillan as Eyes
- Rashida Jones as Marcy Kappe
- DJ Khaled as Ears
- Masi Oka as Agent K
- Rashawn Nadine Scott
It was announced on October 9, 2017 that development was underway on a film based on the animated short Pigeon: Impossible, with Will Smith and Tom Holland lending their voices to the lead characters. Audi will feature a vehicle, the RSQ E-tron concept, in the film as the personal vehicle of Smith's character. It is a concept car designed by Audi specifically for the film.
The film was originally going to be released on January 18, 2019 by 20th Century Fox themselves, but was pushed back from its original release date of January 18, 2019 to April 19, 2019. It was pushed back again from April 19, 2019 to September 13, 2019. On May 7, 2019, Disney announced the film would be pushed back for a final time from September 13, 2019 to December 25, 2019.
- "Theodore Shapiro to Score Blue Sky Studios' 'Spies in Disguise' & Karyn Kusama's 'Destroyer' | Film Music Reporter". Film Music Reporter. June 12, 2018. Retrieved October 28, 2018.
- "Film releases". Variety Insight. Variety Media. Retrieved August 28, 2018.
- "Spies in Disguise Teams Will Smith and Tom Holland". Slashfilm. October 10, 2017. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- Romano, Nick (November 1, 2018). "Will Smith, Tom Holland are a secret agent team in 'Spies in Disguise' trailer". Entertainment Weekly. Meredith Corporation. Retrieved November 1, 2018.
- Lang, Brent (October 9, 2017). "Will Smith, Tom Holland to Star in Animated Movie 'Spies in Disguise' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- Hyatt, Kyle (November 1, 2018). "Audi's RSQ E-tron is a cartoon concept for Will Smith". CNET. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- Ben Mendelsohn, Karen Gillan, Rashida Jones, DJ Khaled and Masi Oka Join Voice Cast Of Fox Animation ‘Spies In Disguise’
- "20th Century Fox Pushes Back X-Men: Dark Phoenix and The New Mutants". Comingsoon.net. March 27, 2018. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Haring, Bruce (June 22, 2018). "20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh's 'Death On The Nile'". Deadline. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- Adalessandro, Anthony (May 7, 2019). "Disney-Fox Updates Release Schedule: Sets Three Untitled 'Star Wars' Movies, 'Avatar' Franchise To Kick Off In 2021 & More". Deadline. Retrieved May 7, 2019.
|This animated film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|