|Industry||Enterprise social software|
James Alexander Gardner
Spigit is a software company based in Pleasanton, California that provides crowdsourcing software for innovation. It is a subsidiary of Mindjet. SpigitEngage is the only product currently offered and it is a registered trademark of Spigit, Inc.
Spigit was founded by Paul Pluschkell in 2007. In October 2009, the company received a $10 million Series B investment from Warburg Pincus, followed by a second round of $10 million from Warburg Pincus in March 2011. Spigit sells into the global enterprise market, and has been recognized with industry awards, including InformationWeek Startup 50 2009, Best of Software Interop, and AlwaysOn Global250 List. In January 2011, CIO Magazine named Spigit one of Twenty Companies to Watch in 2011.
Prior to acquisition, Spigit provided a software as a service (SaaS) platform for enterprise innovation management. The company provided three core services: internal employee innovation management through collaboration and crowdsourced feedback; external idea management; and prediction markets for internal and external crowdsourced forecasting. The company's stated goal was to make organizations better at innovation and business decisions through community, analytics and workflow.
The company provided a number of products, such as Icon, a free crowdsourcing tool, and SpigitEngage used for crowdsourcing ideation, enterprise innovation, collaboration, game mechanics and analytics, gamification.
- Nicastro, Dom (2013-09-16). "Social Business Force Emerges: Mindjet, Spigit Merge". CMSWire, Simpler Media Group, Inc. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
Mindjet, of San Francisco, has more than 2 million global users that engage in the brand to brainstorm and plan on virtual whiteboards, create and co-edit plans, share files and deploy real-time task and project management. Spigit, meanwhile, has nearly 2 million users worldwide and serves more than 3,000 companies, including brands across retail, healthcare, financial, technology, government, insurance, utilities and pharmaceutical industries.
- "Mindjet Announces Top Speaking Roles at Two Major European Innovation Conferences This Spring". BCW. 2015-03-13. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- Spigit: About Us
- New York Times: Spigit Raises Capital for Workplace Social Network
- TechCrunch: Warburg Pincus Invests Another $10M In Idea Management Platform Spigit
- The InformationWeek Startup 50: Business Technology Companies To Watch
- Spigit: Spigit's IdeaSpigit Wins 2008 Best of Interop Award in the Software Category
- Spigit Selected by AlwaysOn as an AO Global 250 Winner
- CIO Magazine: Twenty companies to watch in 2011
- "Spigit appoints former Lloyds innovation head Gardner to lead international operations". Finextra Research 2015. 2011-01-18. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- "Management Team". Retrieved 2015-07-13.