Spin (Lifehouse song)
|Single by Lifehouse|
|from the album Stanley Climbfall|
|Released||August 5, 2002|
4:51 (Album Version)|
4:09 (Radio Version)
|Songwriter(s)||Jason Wade, Ron Aniello|
|Lifehouse singles chronology|
"Spin" is a song by American alternative rock band Lifehouse from their 2002 album, Stanley Climbfall. It was written by Jason Wade and produced by Ron Aniello. The song received positive reviews from music critics and peaked at #71 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The song received positive critical reviews. Gene Stout of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer described it as "an anthemic tune with a strong hook and a big guitar sound." Billboard's Chuck Taylor wrote that "'Spin' is a wonderfully constructed rock song with a number of different musical subsections, all of which showcase the potent pipes and song-writing skills of lead singer/guitarist Jason Wade ... Lifehouse has managed to drum up a keen balance between pure, guitar-fueled rock and hook-sodden, creatively executed pop – and this song deserves a lengthy stay on the playlists of both formats."
"Spin" spent 14 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and peaked at #71. The song also peaked at #13 on the Adult Top 40 chart, #34 on the Mainstream Rock chart, and #25 on the Modern Rock Tracks chart.
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||71|
|U.S. Billboard Adult Top 40||13|
|U.S. Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks||34|
|U.S. Billboard Modern Rock Tracks||25|
- "Stanley Climbfall - Lifehouse". allmusic.com. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Wiederhorn, Jon. "Lifehouse Give New Single, Video A 'Spin'". mtv.com. August 5, 2002. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Singles". Billboard. August 3, 2002. p. 18.
- Stout, Gene. "Lifehouse frontman takes a learn-from-it-approach to life". seattlepi.com. December 19, 2002. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Lifehouse - Chart history". billboard.com. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- "Lifehouse Awards". allmusic.com. Retrieved October 16, 2013.