|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Country of origin||Netherlands|
Van Kooten is the son of former Dutch radio DJ and businessman Willem van Kooten, and initially worked in the publishing business of his father. Together with Roger de Graaf, a former employee of the specialist dance retailer Rhythm Import, van Kooten formed Spinnin' Records in 1999. Initially they concentrated on the pressing of vinyl for artists.
Spinnin' Records hosts 19 active sub-labels alongside their main imprint; the majority linked to a specific artist. The label provides A&R, management, publishing and (digital) marketing for artists they have under contract. The label promotes songs without naming the artists in order to 'create a buzz'.
- "50 Most Important People in EDM". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Conte, Cynthia (August 20, 2012). "Elektro Exclusive: Interview with the founders of Spinnin’ Records". Elektro Daily. Archived from the original on April 19, 2014.
- Sada, Riccardo (October 17, 2014). "ADE 2014, Spinnin' Records, promo e acquisizioni - Dj Mag Italia" (in Italian). DJ Mag Italia. Retrieved 2014-11-22.
- de Vries, Atze (23 April 2015). "3voor12 - Eelko van Kooten (Spinnin’): “Alle muziek wordt gratis”". 3voor12 (in Dutch). Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- "R3hab and KSHMR Revealed as Artists Behind 'Strong' on Spinnin' Records: Exclusive". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-07-28.
- "KSHMR ANNOUNCES HIS OWN DHARMA WORLDWIDE RECORD LABEL". We Rave You. 2017-06-19. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Trap City is here!". Spinnin' Records. 2017-07-04. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Corish, Dave (2017-01-16). "CMC$ Releases Future-Pop Anthem for Your 2017 Summer Fling". EDM Sauce. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "SISTAR HyoLyn’s the First K-Pop Idol to Sign with Famous EDM Label". www.kpopmap.com. Kpopmap. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- Medved, Matt (16 July 2015). "Ephwurd Reveals Identity, Premieres 'Rock the Party' With Jauz: Exclusive". www.billboard.com. Billboard. Retrieved 2016-12-24.
- Menendez, Devon (November 19, 2015). "Merk & Kremont sign to Spinnin' Records". We Rave You.
- Ganguly, Srijani (August 21, 2016). "This 21-year-old DJ chooses to be behind the turntable simply because it makes him happy". India Today.
Nina Shah and Malika Haydon, who are also signed on to Spinnin' Records, have plenty of catchy tunes to their names as well.
- Gupta, Pranav (January 20, 2016). "Zaeden Signs With MusicAllStars Management". The Bangin Beats.
- "Disfunktion, Twin Pack, Simon Gain, Sebastien Lintz, Inaya Day, DJ Eako New Releases: Superstar on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- NIELS VAN GOGH (2010-10-21), Niels van Gogh & Daniel Strauss - Feuerreiter (Spinnin´ Records), retrieved 2017-04-09
- "Jermaine Dupri". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- Medved, Matt (August 27, 2015). "Martin Garrix Leaves Spinnin' Records and MusicAllStars Management". Billboard. Retrieved 2015-10-31.
- Meadow, Matthew (February 8, 2016). "Julian Jordan & Mike Hawkins Break Up With Spinnin’ Records". Your EDM. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- Meadow, Matthew (April 4, 2016). "After Leaving Spinnin', Mike Hawkins Signs Exclusively With Armada". Your EDM. Retrieved 2016-07-17.