|Slogan||Passion for Life|
|First air date||1 January 2011|
|Format||FM, AM and Online|
Spirit Radio is an Irish Christian and religious radio station which commenced broadcasting in January 2011. It is licensed by the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) to broadcast to the cities of Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Waterford, Bray, Greystones, Dundalk, Naas Athlone, Carlow, Kilkenny and Newbridge on FM. In July 2012, due to licence obligations, the station extended its coverage by opening a medium wave channel on 549 kHz.
The station is in the process of expanding with FM transmitters earmarked for Clonmel, Drogheda, Ennis, Killarney, Letterkenny, Navan, Sligo, Tralee and Wexford, again using the multi-city licence.
The station was originally based out of Hume House and uses the studio formerly used by FM104. In 2012 the station moved its studios to Bray, County Wicklow, taking up residence in what used to be the Sunshine 106.8 (formerly Dublin's Country Mix) studios.
Its format includes news, talk and music. The music tends to be contemporary Christian or soft rock.
The station is a registered charity and survives on donations from businesses and listeners along with the work of volunteers. The station has a 50-50 on-air gender split, and its volunteers come from various different christian churches.
- BCI Signs contract with Spirit Radio
- Spirit Radio - Passion for Life Church Services Blog, 27 January 2011.
- Spirit Radio by Ann Marie Foley, Thursday, 13 August 2009. Archived 27 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Radio Licensing: BAI signs contract with Spirit Radio www.bai.ie, June 2012.
- 'God:FM a spirited success on airwaves' by Darragh McManus, Irish Independent Review, February 13, 2016