A spirit safe or intermediate spirit receiver is an enclosed device used in the distillation of Scotch whisky. The distillate from the still passes into it, and can be seen through the glass sides or windows, but cannot be directly accessed. The distiller can analyse the spirit inside the device, and decide where it should be sent.
- Whisky Magazine. "Spirit safe". Whisky Glossary. Paragraph Publishing Ltd. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- Lawrie, Alexander (14 October 2008). "Swede snaps up historic whisky safe 258". Deadline News. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- "The Spirit Safe". Making Malt Whisky. Undiscovered Scotland. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- "A-Z whisky glossary". Whisky For Everyone. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- "Distillation" (PDF). A Glossary of Whisky terms. Debby's Corner. Retrieved 2 June 2012.