Spirits of the Air, Gremlins of the Clouds
|Spirits of the Air, Gremlins of the Clouds|
|Directed by||Alex Proyas|
|Produced by||Alex Proyas
|Written by||Alex Proyas|
|Music by||Peter Miller|
|Edited by||Craig Wood|
|Distributed by||MMA Films, Pro-Image|
|1989 (copyright 1988)|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2016)|
Rolling Stone magazine called the soundtrack recording "an album of stunning instrumental beauty and exquisite soundscapes" and awarded it 4 stars.
Influential Australian movie critic David Stratton praised the film as having a "special vision" with brilliant production design while stating that "the film frustrates because of its lethargy and stiltedness".
In 1988 the film was nominated for two Australian Film Institute (AFI) Awards for Production Design (Sean Callinan and Peter Miller) and for Costume Design (Mathu Anderson and Angela Tonks). It won the Special Prize at the 1990 Yubari International Fantastic Film Festival.
In 1989 the soundtrack CD was nominated for an Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) Award.
- Michael Lake as Felix Crabtree
- Rhys Davis (Melissa Davis) as Betty Crabtree
- Normal Boyd (The Norm) as Smith
- "Australian Productions Top $175 million", Cinema Papers, March 1986 p64
- Peter Miller (Spirits' Composer/ Art Director) website: Spirits page at Scribbletronics
- Australian Rolling Stone Issue 434, August 1989
- Australian Film Institute/Australian Academy Cinema Television Arts Past Winners 1988
- "Yubari International Fantastic Adventure Film Festival '90". yubarifanta.com. External link in
- Spirits of the Air, Gremlins of the Clouds at the Internet Movie Database
- Spirits of the Air, Gremlins of the Clouds at AllMovie
- Spirits of the Air, Gremlins of the Clouds at Oz Movies
- Archive of selected behind-the-scenes and production images, and other information.
|This 1980s science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an Australian film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|