Spirotetramat, Movento, Ultor, cis-3-(2,5-dimethylphenyl)-8-methoxy-2-oxo-1-azaspiro[4.5]dec-3-en-4-yl ethyl carbonate
3D model (JSmol)
CompTox Dashboard (EPA)
|Molar mass||373.449 g·mol−1|
|Melting point||142 °C (288 °F; 415 K)|
|Boiling point||235 °C (455 °F; 508 K) (decomposes)|
|Practically insoluble (0.03 g/L at 20 °C and pH 7)|
|Solubility in dichloromethane||Easily soluble|
|Occupational safety and health (OHS/OSH):|
|H317, H319, H335, H361, H410|
|P201, P202, P261, P264, P271, P272, P273, P280, P281, P302+P352, P304+P340, P305+P351+P338, P308+P313, P312, P321, P333+P313, P337+P313, P363, P391, P403+P233, P405, P501|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
Spirotetramat is active against piercing-sucking insects, such as aphids, mites, and white flies, by acting as an ACC inhibitor, interrupting lipid biosynthesis in the insects. It is a systemic insecticide that penetrates plant leaves when sprayed on. It is ambimobile, being transported both upwards and downwards through vascular bundles. In plants, it is hydrolyzed to the enol form by cleavage of the central ethoxycarbonyl group. This enol is more stable due to double bond being in a ring and the conjugation with the amide group and the benzene ring.
Toxicology and safety
Spirotetramat has moderate to low acute toxicity, is irritating to eyes and potentially sensitizing to skin. When tested on rats, it was not shown to be carcinogenic. In Denmark, it is listed as harmful to aquatic invertebrates, but not dangerous to bees.
- "Biological Buffers". Sigma-Aldrich.
- "Movento". Crop Science.
- "US EPA, Pesticide Produce Label, ULTOR, 05/06/2011" (PDF). EPA.
- Bruck E, et al. (Oct 2009). "Movento, an innovative ambimobile insecticide for sucking insect pest control in agriculture: Biological profile and field performance". Crop Protection. 28 (10): 838–844. doi:10.1016/j.cropro.2009.06.015.
- Braham M, Glida-Gnidez H, Hajji L (7 Aug 2012). "Management of the tomato borer, Tuta absoluta in Tunisia with novel insecticides and plant extracts". EPPO Bulletin. 42 (2): 291–296. doi:10.1111/epp.2572.
- Agropages: New insecticide spirotetramat granted first regulatory approval." (15 November 2007)
- COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) No 1177/2013. (23 January 2018)
- "EPA Pesticide Fact Sheet, juni 2008" (PDF).
- "Merit Gran - Produktoplysninger - Middeldatabasen". middeldatabasen.dk.