Spite Your Face Productions
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Spite Your Face Productions, or SYF, is an animation production company based in London, England, consisting of animation directors Tony Mines and Tim Drage. They have created a variety of animated content for broadcast, web and DVD, but are best known for their series of stop-motion animated LEGO shorts.
Since 2001, SYF have worked on five animated projects for the LEGO company and their respective clients, including SONY, Marvel Entertainment, Lucasfilm and Python Pictures. They have also produced LEGO animations independently. SYF refer to these works as 'Bricksploitation films' to distinguish them from those of the fan community. Some of their films have been distributed internationally on DVD.
- Spider-Man: The Peril of Doc Ock
- Released in support of Spider-Man 2, two alternate ending versions of this film exist.
- Star Wars: The Han Solo Affair
- The Empire Strikes Back spoof, produced in the run up to Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones.
- Monty Python & the Holy Grail in Lego
- Version of the Camelot song and dance sequence. Produced as an extra for the Monty Python and the Holy Grail DVD.
- ONE: A Space Odyssey
- One minute lego version of the Kubrick epic.
- Monty Python & the Holy Grail in Lego (2001)
- Internet Archive: Details: Spider-Man: The Peril of Doc Ock
- Internet Archive: Details: The Peril of Doc Ock - Alternate Ending Special Edition
- LEGO.com Star Wars Screening Room - The Han Solo Affair
- Internet Archive: Details: Monty Python and the Holy Grail in LEGO
- Daily Llama - NEWS 2004_12_14 - Monty Python is Animators' Delight
- Internet Archive: Details: ONE: A Space Odyssey - Redux
- Official website
- Tony Mines on Internet Movie Database
- Tim Drage on Internet Movie Database
- SYF interview on official Monty Python site*Spider-Man: The Peril of Doc Ock (2004) download at the Internet Archive
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|