From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Spitfire or spitfire in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Supermarine Spitfire is a British single-seat fighter aircraft used in the Second World War.
Spitfire may also refer to:
- Triumph Spitfire, a small two-seat British sports car from Triumph Motor Company developed in the 1960s
- BSA Spitfire, a British motorcycle launched in 1966
- Worldwide Ultralite Spitfire, ultralight aircraft
Ships and boats
- Botafogo (galleon), "Spitfire" in Portuguese, at the time the largest ship ever built.
- HMS Spitfire, the name of 10 Royal Navy ships, and one proposed one
- USS Spitfire, the name of six U.S. Navy ships
- UPS Spitfire, the name of two Polish Navy ships
- HMCS Spitfire, an Australian gunboat
- SS Spitfire
- Spitfire (1934 film), a U.S. film starring Katharine Hepburn
- Spitfire, the U.S. title of the 1942 British film The First of the Few
- Spitfire, a 1995 U.S. film starring Lance Henriksen
- Spitfire (Jefferson Starship album), 1976
- Spitfire (Porter Robinson album), 2011
- Spitfire (LeAnn Rimes album), 2013
- "Spitfire" (song), a 2004 single by the British electronica act The Prodigy
- Spitfire (UK band), a garage rock band from Crawley, West Sussex, England
- Spitfire (US band), a metalcore band from Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Spitfire (Russian band), a ska band from Saint Petersburg, Russia
- The Spitfire Band, a Canadian "Big Band", 1981 - present
- The Mexican Spitfires, Sydney-based Australian indie-pop band of the 1980s
- Spitfire Records, a heavy metal-oriented record label
- Spitfire (comics), a fictional character in Marvel Comics World War II-era superteam "The Invaders"
- Spitfire (New Universe), a.k.a. Spitfire and the Troubleshooters and Codename: Spitfire, a comic book published under the New Universe imprint of Marvel Comics
- Project Spitfire, a fictional U.S. government project appearing in the Marvel Comics' series newuniversal
- Spitfire, a character from the anime/manga Air Gear
- Spitfire, a character from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Spitfire Aerodrome, an airport in Pedricktown, New Jersey
- Spitfire (beer), a UK bottled and cask beer
- Spitfire (BBS), a software program for operating a Bulletin Board System
- Kent Spitfires, the name adopted by Kent County Cricket Club when playing ODI or Twenty20 matches
- "The Spitfires" is the nickname of Eastleigh F.C., a non-league football club in Hampshire, England
- Spitfire sawfly, a type of insect and its caterpillar found in Australia
- Spitfire Wheels, a skateboard-wheel brand by Deluxe Distribution
- Windsor Spitfires, a junior ice hockey team in the Ontario Hockey League
- .22 Spitfire (5.7 x 33 mm), rifle cartridge
- Spitfire, a replacement name given to GWR 4073 Class British steam railway locomotive 5071, see List of GWR 4073 Class locomotives
- Lupe Vélez (1908–1944), actress known as "the Mexican spitfire"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.