SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Plankton's Robotic Revenge
North American cover
|Developer(s)||Behaviour Interactive Engine Software (DS)|
|Genre(s)||Action-adventure, platformer, third-person shooter|
SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge is an action-adventure video game based on the television series SpongeBob SquarePants. It was released in October 2013 for Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. The game was developed by Behaviour Interactive and published by Activision, who took over the license from previous SpongeBob SquarePants video game publisher THQ after the company's bankruptcy and liquidation. It is the only SpongeBob video game released for the PlayStation 3 and Wii U as well as the last SpongeBob video game released for the Wii and Nintendo DS.
Players can purchase and upgrade their weapons of choice. Home console versions of the game feature four-player co-op, whilst the Wii U version allows for an additional fifth player when using a GamePad with four other controllers. Portable versions are solely single-player games. The playable characters include SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy and Mr. Krabs.
A cargo ship accidentally drops batteries into the ocean. Plankton finds them and uses them to power his giant robot and robot army and takes the safe with the Krabby Patty secret formula. He also takes the map to the key and the two copies of it that opens the safe. SpongeBob and his friends have to stop him, defeat his robot minions and family members, retrieve the batteries, and find the three keys before he does to get the formula back. They fight Plankton in the Dutchman's Triangle, but he retreats. The team then fight two of Plankton's family members, who also have giant robots, in other areas. After getting the first two keys and batteries, they go back to the Krusty Krab and battle Plankton again. After he is defeated, they retrieve the last battery and find the last key under the doormat and use it to open the safe. In the bottle was a note saying the formula is in Mr. Krabs' pocket the whole time. Squidward expresses his shock that they have been through the whole thing for nothing. That night, when SpongeBob and Patrick are watching TV in Patrick's house, SpongeBob wonders where the batteries went and is amazed that Patrick's TV is working so well. It is then revealed that the batteries were powering the TV from the outside.
- Green, Andy (2013-07-25). "SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge Confirmed For Wii U, Wii, 3DS And DS". Nintendo Life. Archived from the original on 2013-07-26. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Plankton's Robotic Revenge - SpongeBob SquarePants | Facebook
- GameSpot (25 July 2013). "SpongeBob: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - Announcement Trailer". Archived from the original on 18 November 2015. Retrieved 10 August 2016 – via YouTube.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge Review Archived 2013-11-16 at Archive.today at IGN
- Nintendolife.com. Review SpongeBob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (Wii U) Archived 2014-02-02 at the Wayback Machine
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge Review Archived 2013-10-30 at the Wayback Machine at GamingBolt