This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|5SPORT 4K||Channel 556|
|5SPORT 4K||Channel 60|
Sports Channel (Hebrew: ערוץ הספורט, Arutz HaSport), also known as the Sport 5 (Hebrew: ספורט 5, Sport Hamesh) is an Israeli television company. Available on cable (via HOT) and satellite (via yes), the company has six channels which are devoted to sport.
Main and Subsidiary channels
In 1990, the channel first aired as the Sports Channel in channel 5, from whence its name is derived.
In 2001, the subscription fee based channel 5PLUS was created as Sport 5's first subsidiary channel with content such as (cut down international versions of) WWE Raw and WWE Friday Night SmackDown. Since then, 5SPORT has lost almost all of its notable content, though it is still used to show UEFA Champions League matches in tandem with 5PLUS channel.
5LIVE and 5GOLD
In March 2007, the company launched two new channels, 5LIVE (for live sport) and 5GOLD (repeats of classic sports action). The new channels were met with great criticism from viewers complaining about even more loss of content in favor of pay channels.
On December 23, 2007, Sports Channel launched a Fifth channel – 5SPORT HD. The channel, aired UEFA Champions League, the NBA Playoff games and Wimbledon tournament.
In addition to current content, the channel also broadcast games from the 2008 Summer Olympics and 2012 Summer Olympics. Also, it was announced that starting next season the channel will introduce formula 1 racing. 5SPORT HD is available for both yes HD and HOT HD customers.
On April 2011, Sports Channel launched their sixth channel – 5SPORT 3D. The channel broadcast matches in 3D. In September 2011, the channel was shut down due to low demand and was defined as a channel that was ahead of its time.
- The company broadcast some games (only few in each)
- Israeli Premier League (games 1, 6 and 7)
- Davis Cup
- Fed Cup
- Formula One
- Euroleague Basketball
- UEFA Champions League (rights are shared with Sport 1 and 2 in group stages)
- UEFA Europa League (Sport 1 and 2 is the rights owner which allow Sport 5 broadcast only when Israeli player plays)
- UEFA Youth League
- UEFA Women's Champions League (final only)
- UEFA Futsal Champions League (final four only)
- Israeli Basketball Super League
- Israeli Basketball League Cup
- Israeli Handball Super League
- Israeli Volleyball Super League
- Liga Leumit
- Liga Leumit Basketball League
- Israeli Noar Leumit League
- Toto Cup
- Ligue 1
- J-League (through 2022)
- "Official site" (in Hebrew). sport5.co.il.