Sport Club Rio Grande
|Full name||Sport Club Rio Grande|
|Founded||July 19, 1900|
|Ground||Estádio Arthur Lawson|
Founded in 1900, Sport Club Rio Grande is Brazil's oldest active football club. Rio Grande currently plays in the second division of the Campeonato Gaúcho, the regional league of Rio Grande do Sul, which the club won in 1936 - its greatest achievement to date.
Sport Club Rio Grande were founded on July 19, 1900, by the German Christian Moritz Minnemann and a group of friends, during the celebrations of his 25th anniversary. The club won its first achievement, which is the Campeonato Gaúcho, in 1936. Brazil's National Football Day is celebrated on July 19 in honor of Sport Club Rio Grande's condition as Brazil's oldest football club.
- Campeonato Gaúcho First Division:
- Winners (1): 1936
- Campeonato Gaúcho Second Division:
- Winners (1): 1962
- Paglia, Ernesto (2011). "Rio Grande (RS)". O Diário de Bordo do JN no Ar (in Portuguese). São Paulo: Editora Globo. pp. 288–289. ISBN 978-85-250-1842-7.
- Poli, Gustavo; Carmona, Lédio (2009). Almanaque do Futebol Sportv. Rio de Janeiro: Casa da Palavra. p. 33. ISBN 978-85-7734-090-3.
- Enciclopédia do Futebol Brasileiro Lance Volume 1. Rio de Janeiro: Aretê Editorial S/A. 2001. p. 231. ISBN 85-88651-01-7.
- "Arthur Lawson" (in Portuguese). Zerozero. Retrieved September 12, 2009.
- "Estádio Arthur Lawson" (in Portuguese). Templos do Futebol. Retrieved September 12, 2009.
- (Portuguese) Official website