Sport in Oceania
This article gives a summary about the sports that are played in Oceania.
The most popular sport in Oceania varies from country to country. The most popular sport in Australia is cricket, the most popular sport among Australian women is netball, while Australian rules football is the most popular sport in terms of spectatorship and television ratings. Rugby is the most popular sport among New Zealanders. In Papua New Guinea, the most popular sport is the Rugby league.
- National Rugby League
- New South Wales Rugby League premiership
- State of Origin series
- Anzac Test
- Rugby League Tri-Nations
- Rugby League Four Nations
- Pacific Rugby League International
- Pacific Cup
- Oceania Rugby
- The Rugby Championship
- World Rugby Pacific Nations Cup
- Oceania Rugby Cup
- Oceania Sevens
- Super Rugby
- Mitre 10 Cup
- National Rugby Championship
- Australia - Page 54, Tracey Boraas - 2002
- Planet Sport - Page 85, Kath Woodward - 2012
- Australia - Page 101, Sundran Rajendra - 2002
- New Zealand - Page 76, Rebecca Hirsch - 2013
- "PNG vow to upset World Cup odds". Rugby League. BBC. 2008-10-15. Retrieved 2009-07-03.
But it would still be one of the biggest shocks in World Cup history if Papua New Guinea - the only country to have Rugby League as its national Sport - were to qualify for the last 4.