This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2022)
Sport management is the field of business dealing with sports and recreation. Sports management involves any combination of skills that correspond with planning, organizing, directing, controlling, budgeting, leading, or evaluating of any organization or business within the sports field.
Bachelor's and master's degrees in sport management are offered by many colleges and universities. It is important to focus on Sports science when we do research on the impact of sport degrees.
In America, jobs in sport management include working for professional programs like the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, and other professional or non-professional sport leagues in terms of marketing, health, and promotions. Sports management jobs consist of a variety of options which include the following:
- Athletic Coach
- Athlete Development Specialist
- Athletic Director
- Business Development Coordinator
- Contract Administrator
- Contract Negotiation Manager
- Event Coordinator
- Facilities Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Fitness Manager
- Fraud Manager
- Marketing Consultant
- Marketing Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Sales Coordinator
- Sport Agent
- Sport Lawyer
- "Sport Management Academic Programs - Johan Cruyff Institute". Johan Cruyff Institute.
- "Academic Programs". North American Society for Sport Management. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Sports Management Academic Programs – In India". International Institute of Sports Management.
- "Sports & Management Research Institute".
- Raven, Steve (2018-05-23). "Mind the gap: Sport management education and employability auto-ethnographical analysis of sport management education and the sports fitness industry". Education + Training. 60 (5): 458–472. doi:10.1108/ET-11-2017-0179. ISSN 0040-0912.
- "Sports Management Franchises".
- Tollison, Robert (2008). "Sportometrics". In David R. Henderson (ed.). Concise Encyclopedia of Economics (2nd ed.). Indianapolis: Library of Economics and Liberty. ISBN 978-0865976658. OCLC 237794267.
- Drayer, Joris, Stephen L. Shapiro, and Seoki Lee. "Dynamic ticket pricing in sport: an agenda for research and practice." Sport Marketing Quarterly 21.3 (2012): 184+
- Barr, Lisa, Hums, Carol, Masteralexis, Mary "Principles and Practice of Sport Management 6th Edition"