Sportinė Aviacija LAK-20
|Role||Open Class sailplane|
|Manufacturer||AB Sportinė Aviacija|
Design and development
The LAK-20 is an Open Class double seat sailplane with a wingspan of 23-metres or 26-metres. Made out of modern composite materials, it features a T-tail and retractable landing gear. The wings are slightly swept forward and interchangeable outer wing panels are provided to enable it to fly with a wingspan of either 23 metres or 26 metres. The glider is available as the self-sustaining LAK-20T variant or the self-launching LAK-20M variant, both equipped with an engine. The engines used are two-stroke two-cylinder retractable engines from engine manufacturer SOLO.
- Production variant, self-sustaining sailplane with a 22 kW (30 hp) two-stroke two-cylinder air-cooled Solo 2350C retractable engine.
- Production variant, self-launching sailplane with a 47 kW (64 hp) two-stroke two-cylinder liquid-cooled Solo 2625 02 retractable engine.
Specifications (LAK-20T 26-metre)
- Crew: two
- Length: 8.65 m (28 ft 4.5 in)
- Wingspan: 26 m (85 ft 4 in)
- Height: 1.011 m (3 ft 4 in)
- Wing area: 16.4 m2 (176.5 ft2)
- Aspect ratio: 41.25
- Empty weight: 485 kg (1069 lb)
- Gross weight: 850 kg (1873 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Solo 2350C, 22 kW (30 hp)
- Maximum speed: 275 km/h (171 mph)
- Maximum glide ratio: 60
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sportinė Aviacija.|