|Owner||Absolute Sports Pvt. Ltd|
Sportskeeda is a sports website based in Bangalore that functions on the principle of crowdsourcing. It describes itself as "the largest all-sports website in India, reporting on more than 30 different sports". The site covers mainstream sports like football, cricket, tennis, basketball, hockey, Formula 1, badminton, wrestling and boxing, as well as niche ones like kabaddi.
Sportskeeda was founded by its current Chief Executive Officer Porush Jain. The name of the website is derived from a colloquial Hindi term that is the sporting equivalent of the word ‘bookworm’; ‘Sportskeeda’ translates into sports worm, or sports lover, in English.
The site was created in 2009 by Jain in association with his fellow sports fanatic Anshu Prasad. It was initially run from the office of Jain’s father in Noida, but moved its operations to Bangalore in 2011.
Sportskeeda is backed by venture capital funding. Seedfund, an organization that backs early-stage ventures, had invested $600,000 into Sportskeeda  in 2011. The revenue patterns of Sportskeeda have not been disclosed to the public yet.
Porush Jain has been the Chief Executive Officer of Sportskeeda since its inception. In September 2014, the company hired Shard Sharma, who had been previously associated with Rediff and Zee Network, as its Vice-President of Sales and Marketing.
Content and contributors
Sportskeeda’s content is procured from a variety of sources; the site accepts and publishes articles contributed by its community of voluntary writers. An article can be contributed by any user who registers on the site.
The site claims to publish around 150 articles every day, which are primarily made up of match previews/reviews, satires, tributes, open letters, news, videos, Top 5 / Top 10 articles, and analysis.
The latest version of the Sportskeeda Android app was launched in June 2015, marking the organization’s first full-fledged entry in mobile. Though the site has been in operation since 2009, the fully functional Sportskeeda app has only now found a prominent place on the Google Play Store.
Sportskeeda has a global Alexa traffic rank in the 2000s, with a majority of its users coming from India. The site gets a significant portion of its traffic from Facebook, and has a widespread social media presence.
- "About Us". Sportskeeda.com. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "SportsKeeda: A Venture That Promises to Nurture the ‘Sportsworm’Within You". Yourstory.com.
- TNN Dec 23, 2009, 12.16pm IST (2009-12-23). "SportsKeeda – The place to be for the fans of Indian Sports - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Absolute Sports Pvt Ltd". VCcircle.com.
- "Absolute Sports Private Limited". Corporatedir.com.
- "Sportskeeda Appoints Shard Sharma as VP, Sales and Marketing". Afaqs.com.
- "Industry moves: Urban Ladder, AppStudioz and Sportskeeda". Medianama.com.
- "Agnel Jude Bankien joins Sportskeeda as VP, sales and marketing > afaqs! news & features". Afaqs.com. 2012-12-13. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Sportskeeda Social Media Review". Simplify360.com.
- "Novy Kapadia's Sportskeeda author profile". Sportskeeda.
- "Jonathan Wilson's Sportskeeda author profile". Sportskeeda.com.
- "Raphael Honigstein's Sportskeeda author profile". Sportskeeda.com.
- "Sportskeeda Live app on Google Play". Play.Google.com. Google.
- "Sportskeeda Live App Review". TechTricksWorld.com.
- "Sportskeeda.com Site Info". Alexa.com. 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-08.