Spot blue international property
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Surbiton, Greater London,
|David Walker (Director), Julian Walker (Co-Director).|
Spot Blue International Property is a UK based online Turkish Real Estate portal. It is a privately owned company, based in Surbiton, Greater London.
- In 2003, Spot Blue International Property was founded by David Walker, Director (Vice Chairman 2009 - 2013) at the Turkish British Chamber of Commerce and Industry (TBCCI).
- In 2004, Spot Blue became members of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA), the Association of International Property Professionals (AIPP) and The British Chamber of Commerce of Turkey (BCCT).
- In 2010, Spot Blue partnered with the Overseas section of on-line property portal Rightmove, which was followed by the website and magazine spin-offs of the British television series A Place in the Sun.
- Spot Blue are contributors to the Channel 4 4homes Guide to Buying A Property In Turkey. and in December 2013, CNBC quoted Mr. Walker on the rising interest in Turkish property 
- Both David Walker, and his son, Julian Walker, a director at Spot Blue are regular commentators on the Turkish property market, and in 2009, shortly after the economic crisis, Julian was quoted in the Daily Mail for recognizing Turkey as a top destination for property buyers.
- in June 2013, Julian Walker also wrote the market overview for the Bodrum region of Turkey for the New York Times.
- Late in 2008, the latest James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace was being released, which sparked The Telegraph to run a feature on the settings of various bond movies, in which Spot Blue provided information on Istanbul. The James Bond franchise later returned to Istanbul again for Skyfall.
- "About TBCCI - Board Members". TBCCI. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Buying A Property in Turkey". Channel 4. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Turkey's property market is 'hotting' up". CNBC. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Flocking to Turkey: The Aegean is a new retirement hot-spot". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Gregor, Alison (26 June 2013). "House Hunting on ... the Turkish Aegean". New York Times. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Property overseas: How (and where) to live like... 007". London: Telegraph. 12 April 2008. Retrieved 12 December 2013.