|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Crown Oil Arena|
|Former names||Spotland Stadium|
|Location||Spotland, Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England|
|Field size||115 yd × 74 yd (105 m × 68 m)|
|Rochdale A.F.C. (1920 – present)
Rochdale Hornets (1988 – present)
Crown Oil Arena (formerly Spotland Stadium and known locally as just Spotland) is a sports venue located at Willbutts Lane in the Spotland area of Rochdale, Greater Manchester. It is currently home to Rochdale A.F.C. and Rochdale Hornets R.L.F.C. It has a capacity of 10,249.
The ground has four stands: the Co-Operative Stand (or Main Stand), the Thwaites Beer Stand (the Sandy Lane End), the T.D.S Stand (Pearl Street end) and the Westrose Leisure Stand (the Willbutts Lane Stand). All are fully seated, apart from the Sandy Lane End, which is a small terrace behind one of the goals.
Apart from local football and rugby league, Spotland has in the past been used to host minor nations rugby league matches, such as British Amateur Rugby League Association (British Amateur Rugby League Association) matches, and also the National League Cup finals of 2003 and 2004.
Rugby League World Cup
Spotland Stadium was selected as a venue for the 2013 Rugby League World Cup hosting a match between Fiji and Ireland. This was the first time that Rochdale has staged an event in a World Cup in any sport. The event was sold out with almost 9,000 people attending, setting what was incorrectly claimed to be a new stadium record, even though Rochdale AFC had 24,231 for an FA Cup tie v Notts County in December 1949 and three higher crowds for FA Cup and play-off games between 1990 and 2008 against Northampton, Coventry and Darlington.
- "Club Records". Leeds United A.F.C. Archived from the original on 17 December 2007. Retrieved 3 April 2008.
- . Manchester Evening News. 8 August 2016 http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rochdale-rename-spotland-part-new-11719694. Retrieved 8 August 2016. Missing or empty
- "Rugby League World Cup 2013: Fiji 32-14 Ireland". BBC Sport. 28 October 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Rivals.net: Spotland Guide
- Your Guide to Spotland Rochdale A.F.C.
- Hornets Stadium Information
- Rugby League World Cup 2013 Official Website
|This article about an English sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|