Spread Eagle, Wisconsin
Lakeview Party Mart in Spread Eagle
|• Type||none (governed by Town of Florence)|
|Elevation||1,197 ft (365 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||715 & 534|
The lake chain was named "Spread Eagle" because when seen from the sky, the chain resembles an eagle with wings spread. Spread Eagle has frequently been noted on lists of unusual place names. The Spread Eagle Barrens State Natural Area is located nearby. The Badwater Ski-Ters Water Ski Show performs during the summer.
- Lorraine Seratti, Wisconsin businesswoman and state legislator, lived in Spread Eagle.
- Ken Nordine, American voice over and recording artist
- "Spread Eagle, Wisconsin". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Spread Eagle, Wisconsin-Hometownlocator
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company (1908). A History of the Origin of the Place Names Connected with the Chicago & North Western and Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railways. p. 126.
- Parker, Quentin (2010). Welcome to Horneytown, North Carolina, Population: 15: An insider's guide to 201 of the world's weirdest and wildest places. Adams Media. pp. xii.
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 2001-2002, Biographical Sketch of Lorraine Serrati, pg. 45
- Spread Eagle Chain of Lakes Association website
- Spread Eagle Barrens
- Badwater Ski-Ters Water Ski Show
|This article about a location in Florence County, Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|