|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Customized Apparel and Accessories|
|Founded||Leipzig, Germany (2001, as Spreadshirt)|
|Headquarters||Gießerstr. 27, Leipzig, Germany|
|Phillip Rooke, CEO
Lukasz Gadowski, Founder
Matthias Spieß, Co-Founder
Rezzo Schlauch, Chairman of the Supervisory Board
|Products||T-shirts, Apparel, Accessories|
|Services||Screen Printing, Digital Printing, Flock Printing, Flex Printing, Digital Transfer, Vinyl Printing, Thermal Sublimation|
Number of employees
|>250 (October 1, 2011)|
Spreadshirt GmbH is a German online retail company that enables customers to design and order custom apparel such as T-Shirts and sweatshirts. Customers can make, buy, and sell their designs on the Spreadshirt retail marketplace.
In 2001, Spreadshirt was founded in Leipzig (Germany) by Lukasz Gadowski and Matthias Spieß without the use of external capital. Michael Peterson, another executive director, joined Spreadshirt in 2004. In August 2007, Jana Eggers became CEO replacing Gadowski who is now Spreadshirt's President. In 2011, Phillip Rooke became CEO, replacing Jana Eggers.
While maintaining its headquarters in Leipzig, Spreadshirt has opened up European branch offices in Berlin, Germany; Paris, France; the city of Utrecht in the Netherlands. It has expanded to the United States with major locations in both the Pittsburgh suburb of Greensburg, Pennsylvania and Boston, Massachusetts.
Spreadshirt manages several brands, including the main Spreadshirt brand, the T-shirt design competition site laFraise, which it acquired in 2006 from Patrice Cassard, and the professional textile print service formerly known as "DDS Deutsche Druckservice", then Spreadshirt Großbestellungen (Spreadshirt bulk orders) and since 2013 known as YINK.
Each week, 30,000 new designs are submitted to the Spreadshirt platform. 300,000 internet users, from private individuals, companies, organizations, sports teams to bands and artists, have become Spreadshirt shop partners.
- Online-Star 2006 Entrepreneur of the Year: Lukasz Gadowski
- Europe's 500 2006
- Red Herring 100 Europe Award 2006
- Founder Champion 2005
- German Founders Prize 2005
- HP Business Innovation Award 2004
- Future Sax 2002
- "T-Shirts for dancer". Myunistyles.com.
- Spreadshirt's Gadowski Passes CEO Baton to Eggers
- Spreadshirt Appoints Phillip Rooke CEO
- "Hiring, business rise at Greensburg plant of T-shirt firm".
- Cassard, Patrice (2007-07-19). "Ma retraite à 35 ans!" (in French). laFraise. Archived from the original on 2006-09-02. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- Online-Star 2006: Pressemitteilung
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20081203111848/http://www.europes500.com/pdf/Europes500%20listing%20Web.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 3, 2008. Retrieved November 13, 2007. Missing or empty
- Red Herring 100 Awards Archived October 15, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|