This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Customized Apparel and Accessories|
|Founded||Leipzig, Germany (2001, as Spreadshirt)|
Gießerstr. 27, Leipzig, Germany
|Phillip Rooke, CEO|
Lukasz Gadowski, Founder
Matthias Spieß, Co-Founder
Rezzo Schlauch, Chairman of the Supervisory Board
|Products||T-shirts, Apparel, Accessories|
|Services||Screen Printing, Digital Printing, Flock Printing, Flex Printing, Digital Transfer, Vinyl Printing, Thermal Sublimation|
|Revenue||$120m (global revenue)|
Number of employees
|>250 (October 1, 2011)|
Spreadshirt is a global e-commerce company that offers print-on-demand for clothing and accessories. It operates in Europe and North America. Customers can either discover products designed by others or create their own designs. It is also possible for vendors to create their own shops. Spreadshirt has its own factories for printing the ordered items.
In 2001, Spreadshirt was founded in Leipzig (Germany) by Lukasz Gadowski and Matthias Spieß without the use of external capital. Michael Peterson, another executive director, joined Spreadshirt in 2004.
While maintaining its headquarters in Leipzig, Spreadshirt has opened up European branch offices in Berlin, Germany and Boston, United States . It has expanded its printing factories in the United States in both the Pittsburgh suburb of Greensburg, Pennsylvania and Henderson, Nevada. In Europe Spreadshirt has 3 printing factories Leipzig, Germany, Legnica, Poland and Krupka, Czech Republic
Spreadshirt manages several brands, including the main Spreadshirt brand, its shop system Spreadshop and the professional textile print service TeamShirts .
It acquired the T-shirt design competition site laFraise in 2006 from Patrice Cassard, and integrated it into the main Spreadshirt brand.
Spreadshirt has ecommerce sites and marketing in 18 countries
- United Kingdom
- United States
2017 Sales was 106m euros and they printed over 4 million items globally. Each week, 30,000 new designs are submitted to the Spreadshirt platform.
- Online-Star 2006 Entrepreneur of the Year: Lukasz Gadowski
- Europe's 500 2006
- Red Herring 100 Europe Award 2006
- Founder Champion 2005
- German Founders Prize 2005
- HP Business Innovation Award 2004
- Future Sax 2002
- Spreadshirt's Gadowski Passes CEO Baton to Eggers
- Spreadshirt Appoints Phillip Rooke CEO
- "Hiring, business rise at Greensburg plant of T-shirt firm".
- Cassard, Patrice (2007-07-19). "Ma retraite à 35 ans!" (in French). laFraise. Archived from the original on 2006-09-02. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- Online-Star 2006: Pressemitteilung Archived 2007-07-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20081203111848/http://www.europes500.com/pdf/Europes500%20listing%20Web.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 3, 2008. Retrieved November 13, 2007. Missing or empty
- Red Herring 100 Awards Archived October 15, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
* Spreadshirt Austria * Spreadshirt Australia * Spreadshirt Belgium * Spreadshirt Canada * Spreadshirt Denmark * Spreadshirt Finland * Spreadshirt France * Spreadshirt Germany * Spreadshirt Ireland * Spreadshirt Italy * Spreadshirt Netherlands * Spreadshirt Norway * Spreadshirt Poland * Spreadshirt Spain * Spreadshirt Switzerland * Spreadshirt Sweden * Spreadshirt United Kingdom * Spreadshirt United States
* Teamshirts Germany * Teamshirts UK * Teamshirts France * Teamshirts Netherlands * Teamshirts Norway * Teamshirts Denmark * Teamshirts Sweden
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|