|Type of business||Corporation|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
The company was founded in 2011 by Jeff Fluhr, founder and former CEO of online ticketing marketplace StubHub, and is based in San Francisco, California . According to Fluhr, spreecast seeks "to bring face-to-face interactions to the Internet in a far-reaching way".
The company tweeted out on June 15, 2016 that their site would be shutting down on July 14.
Spreecast was launched as a public beta on November 10, 2011. In December, 2011, spreecast received $4 million in seed venture funding from Frank Biondi, Gordon Crawford, and Edward W. Scott. In September 2012, they raised an additional $7 million. The company added social media author Gary Vaynerchuk as an advisor in February, 2012. They closed their website on July 14, 2016
- Rao, Leena, “Social Video Broadcasting Platform Spreecast Raises $4 Million”, Techcrunch, 21 December 2011
- Couts, Andrew, “StubHub founder launches social video broadcast site, Spreecast” Digital Trends, 10 November 2011
- Titlow, John Paul, “Spreecast, a More Social Answer to Google+ Hangouts, Goes Live Today”, Read Write Web, 10 November 2011
- Rao, Leena, “Spreecast Raises $7M For Social Video Broadcasting Platform”, Techcrunch, 7 September 2012
- "So Long, Spreecast: Video Chat Platform Will Shut Down July 14". Small Business Trends. 2016-06-21. Retrieved 2016-07-15.
- Jordana, Elisa (May 6, 2016). "For One Whole Year, I Invited Internet Trolls into My Apartment". XOJane.
- Billboard staff, “Spreecast Signs Video Deal with Viacom's VH1, Logo” Billboard, 10 October 2012
- Weber, Harison, “Spreecast quietly continues redesign to hone its video broadcasting niche” TNW, 6 June 2012
- Miot, Stephanie, “Q&A StubHub Founder Mixes Social Meida, Video, Celebs on Spreecast” PC Magazine, 13 May 2013
- Grassman, Jennifter, “Michelle Cowan on American Idol, Will Smith, and true love”, Washington Times, 29 April, 2012
- Levy, Ari, “Spreecast Gains an Audience With Easy, Free Webcasting”, Bloomberg, 15 January 2013
- Delevett, Peter, “Exclusive: Miley Cyrus barnstorms Silicon Valley to tout single ‘We Can’t Stop”, Siliconbeat, 3 June 2013
- "Chat with actor Neil Patrick Harris"