|• Total||1.1996 km2 (0.4632 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,900/km2 (7,400/sq mi)|
Spreydon is a suburb of Christchurch, New Zealand, 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) south-south-west of Cathedral Square. The most central street through Spreydon is Barrington Street. Spreydon is flanked by the suburbs Hoon Hay, Somerfield, and Lower Cashmere.
Spreydon was constituted as a borough in 1911. It merged into the city of Christchurch in 1921.
- Barrington Shopping Centre, Redeveloped in 2012 houses many shops including a major supermarket, pharmacy, The Warehouse, banks and post office as well as a number of other boutique and lifestyle stores.
- Pioneer Leisure Centre, opened in 1978, is a council-owned and operated centre with swimming pools, an indoor sports stadium and a fitness centre.
- Christchurch South Intermediate is a coeducational state intermediate (years 7-8) school with a roll of 515 and a socio-economic decile rating of 6.
- Spreydon School is a coeducational state contributing (years 1-6) primary school with a roll of 304 and a decile rating of 3.
- Te Kura Kaupapa Maori o Te Whanau Tahi is a coeducational state composite (years 1-15) school teaching entirely in the Māori language. It has a roll of 74 and a decile rating of 3.
- West Spreydon School is a coeducational state contributing (years 1-6) primary school with a roll of 208 and a decile rating of 4.
- Canterbury places - South Christchurch. Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand.
- "Christchurch shopping at Barrington Shopping". www.barringtonshopping.co.nz. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Plans to redevelop Pioneer Leisure Centre
- Education Counts: South Intermediate
- Education Counts: Spreydon school
- Education Counts: TKKM o Te Whanau Tahi
- Education Counts: West Spreydon school
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Spreydon.|
|This Canterbury Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|