||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||J. Willard Marriott|
Number of locations
SpringHill Suites is part of the Marriott International family of hotels. The chain, geared toward the upper-moderate lodging segment of the hospitality industry, features all-suite hotels, each offering free hot breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, a fitness center and a 24-hour market. As of 2016, SpringHill Suites operates more than 350 hotels throughout the United States and Canada.
- All Suites Hotel
- Complimentary Hotel Breakfast Buffet
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pools (at most locations)
- Fire pits (at most locations)
- West Elm Décor in Lobbies
- Trundle Sleeper Sofa and Lighting In-Suite by West Elm at Select Properties
In 1999, its first fiscal year, there were 34 total SpringHill Suites properties — six managed locations and 28 franchised locations. By 2006 that number increased nearly fivefold, with 153 properties. The 300th SpringHill Suites opening was in May 2013 in New York City. In 2016 the downtown San Diego property opened and was the 3,000th Marriott hotel to open in the select service/extended-stay category. As of 2016 there are more than 350 SpringHill Suites properties throughout North America.
In recent years, SpringHill Suites has created several key marketing initiatives. Since 2013, the brand has transformed security checkpoints at five major U.S. airports with their Airport Experience Zones. Their largest Airport Experience Zone is currently at Dulles International Airport and covers all 3 security checkpoints at the airport. SpringHill Suites also has Airport Experience Zones at Charlotte Douglas International, Oakland International Airport, and Chicago O’Hare International Airport.
In 2016 SpringHill Suites partnered with the design company west elm to feature the furniture company’s products in suites and throughout the lobby. The centerpiece of the SpringHill Suites and west elm design collaboration is a three-in-one trundle sofa that offers three ways to sit or sleep. Along with the sofa, suites feature a west elm desk chair, ottoman and USB-enabled lamps. In addition, a collection of vases, frames and trays, all from west elm, are in the lobbies of all SpringHill Suites properties.
- SpringHill Suites was ranked #1 in the JD Power & Associates Guest Satisfaction Survey in the upscale category
- SpringHill Suites was ranked #1 in the JD Power & Associates Guest Satisfaction Survey in the upscale category.
- The Gold Sabre Award Travel and Tourism for ArtNight SpringHill Suites: And Evening of Inspiration
- Silver Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International Adrian Award for on-property marketing for the ArtNight program 
- The SpringHill Suites Chicago was awarded Best Value for Money Award, 2012 Hotel Awards, ChicagoHotels.org
- Platinum Adrian Award for the Digital Marketing “Everywhere” Campaign Series 
- Platinum Adrian Award for Advertising Campaign, Airport Comfort Zones 
- Ranked Top Ten on Forbes 2014 Best Franchises in America (over $500k)
- The Gold Award, The Internationalists — Innovation in Media, SpringHill Suites, Comfort Zones
- Business Travel News second Place Award in the Upper Moderate category
- Ranked #3 in Parents Magazine “10 Best Hotels for Families 2015”
- Ranked #3 in Parents Magazine “10 Best Hotels for Families 2016”
- Ranked Top 10 on Forbes 2016 Best Franchises in America (over $500K)
The brand has experienced robust growth across the U.S., with new properties in Midtown Manhattan, NY; San Diego Downtown/Bayfront, CA; and Denver Downtown, CO. The first New York City property for the brand overlooks the Empire State Building and infuses the poem “Spring” by Walt Whitman into the design. Another notable property is Denver Downtown, the state’s first teaching hotel. Connected to Denver State Metro University, every hospitality student at the school works at the hotel, and student artwork is featured throughout.
- contenteditor (2012-07-25). "2012 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study". Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "Holmes Group Announces Diamond and Gold SABRE Finalists". www.holmesreport.com. Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "Marriott Global Marketing Collects Top Honors - Bestowed With 42 Adrian Awards by the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International - Marriott News Center". 2016-02-16. Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "Hotel Awards 2012 - Chicagohotels.org". www.chicagohotels.org. Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "HSMAI Reveals 2013 Adrian Awards Competition Gold Winners". Hotel Online. Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- Marriott, SpringHill Suites by. "SpringHill Suites Gifts Holiday Travelers With Relaxing Security Checkpoint Experience at Oakland International Airport". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "Internationalist Awards". www.internationalist-awards.com. Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "The 10 Best Hotel Chains For Families in 2016". Retrieved 2016-07-12.
- "Forbes' recognizes Marriott's SpringHill Suites and TownePlace Suites brands as two of "America's Best Franchises" - Marriott News Center". 2016-06-24. Retrieved 2016-07-12.