Spring Township, Boone County, Illinois
Location in Boone County
Boone County's location in Illinois
|Settlement||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.15 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.1 sq mi (93 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.14%|
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|• Density||24.8/sq mi (9.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60135, 60145, 61008, 61038|
|GNIS feature ID||0429783|
Spring Township is one of nine townships in Boone County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 894 and it contained 371 housing units. Spring was founded as "Concord" on November 6, 1849, then was renamed "Ohio" in April, 1851, and finally "Spring" in October, 1851.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.15 square miles (93.6 km2), of which 36.1 square miles (93 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.14%) is water.
- Belvidere (east edge)
- Reeds Crossing
The township contains Shattucks Grove Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Henderson Airport
- Belvidere Consolidated Unit School District 100
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 69
- State Senate District 35
- "Spring Township, Boone County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Belvidere Township||Bonus Township||Marengo Township, McHenry County|
|Flora Township||Riley Township, McHenry County|
|Franklin Township, DeKalb County||Kingston Township, DeKalb County||Genoa Township, DeKalb County|