Springdale Municipal Airport
|Springdale Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Springdale|
|Elevation AMSL||1,353 ft / 412 m|
Springdale Municipal Airport (IATA: SPZ, ICAO: KASG, FAA LID: ASG) is a public use airport in Washington County, Arkansas, United States. It is owned by the City of Springdale and located one nautical mile (2 km) southeast of its central business district. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned ASG by the FAA and SPZ by the IATA (which assigned ASG to Ashburton Aerodrome in Ashburton, New Zealand). The airport's ICAO identifier is KASG.
Facilities and aircraft
Springdale Municipal Airport covers an area of 228 acres (92 ha) at an elevation of 1,353 feet (412 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,302 by 76 feet (1,616 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 31, 2009, the airport had 62,450 aircraft operations, an average of 171 per day: 93% general aviation, 7% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 97 aircraft based at this airport: 69% single-engine, 19% multi-engine, 4% jet, 4% helicopter, 3% ultralight, and 1% glider.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ASG ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Springdale Municipal Airport (ICAO: KASG, FAA: ASG, IATA: SPZ)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Ashburton Airport, New Zealand (IATA: ASG, ICAO: NZAS)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Springdale Municipal – ASG (KASG)". National Flight Data Center. Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved July 28, 2012. External link in
- Springdale Municipal (ASG) at the City of Springdale website
- Springdale Municipal (ASG) information from the Arkansas Department of Aeronautics
- Summit Aviation, the fixed-base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of February 2001 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective March 2, 2017
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ASG, effective March 2, 2017
- Resources for this airport: