|Revenue||EUR 1.64 bn (2017)|
Holtzbrinck Publishing Group (53%)|
Number of employees
Springer Nature is an academic publishing company created by the May 2015 merger of Springer Science+Business Media and Holtzbrinck Publishing Group's Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, and Macmillan Education. The company reported revenues of EUR 1.64 billion in 2017.
Springer Nature was formed in 2015 by the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan and Macmillan Education (held by Holtzbrinck Publishing Group) with Springer Science+Business Media (held by BC Partners). Plans for the merger were first announced on 15 January 2015. The transaction was concluded in May 2015 with Holtzbrinck having the majority 53% share.
The company originates from a number of journals and publishing houses, notably Springer-Verlag, which was founded in 1842 by Julius Springer in Berlin, Nature, first published on 4 November 1869, and Macmillan Education, goes back to Macmillan Publishers founded in 1869.
After the merger, former Springer Science+Business Media CEO Derk Haank became CEO of Springer Nature. When he retired by the end of 2017, he was succeeded by Daniel Ropers, the co-founder and long-time CEO of bol.com.
- Adis International
- Asser Press
- BioMed Central
- Bohn Stafleu van Loghum
- Humana Press
- J. B. Metzler
- Macmillan Education
- Nature Publishing Group
- Palgrave Macmillan
- Scientific American
- Springer Healthcare
- Springer VS
- Springer Verlag
- Springer Gabler
- Springer Vieweg Verlag
- Springer Medizin
- Springer Pflege
- "Springer Nature created following merger completion". Springer. 6 May 2015.
- "Nature publisher to merge with Springer". Times Higher Education. 15 January 2015. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- Caroline Carpenter (May 6, 2015). "Completed merger forms 'Springer Nature'". The Bookseller. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- "Springer celebrates 175 years since its founding". KnowledgeSpeak.com. 11 May 2017. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- "Nature". Phys.org. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- "Bol.com's Ropers to take Haank's role at Springer Nature". The Bookseller. 6 May 2015.
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|