Springfield Township, Clark County, Ohio
|Springfield Township, Clark County, Ohio|
Location of Springfield Township in Clark County
|• Total||31.8 sq mi (82.3 km2)|
|• Land||31.6 sq mi (81.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||1,043 ft (318 m)|
|• Density||387/sq mi (149.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085860|
Located at the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Moorefield Township - north
- Harmony Township - east
- Madison Township - southeast corner
- Green Township - south
- Mad River Township - southwest
- Bethel Township - west
- German Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Springfield township, Clark County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.