|Local authority||Blenheim, New Zealand|
Springlands is a suburb to the west of Blenheim's central district. It is located on and around SH 6 (Nelson Street), the main road to Renwick. It has a tavern, video shop, various takeaways, and a superstore.
Historic generating station
An industrial building on Old Renwick Road, adjacent to the Transpower substation, contains diesel generators that date back to 1930.
The Marlborough Region was not connected to the rest of the national grid until the mid-1950s. The supply of electricity to Marlborough was initially dependent on a small hydro station at Waihopai Valley. In 1930, a diesel generator was established at Springlands to provide backup power when hydrogeneration was not available. A further generator set was installed in 1937. These generators have been preserved by Marlborough Lines as part of the engineering heritage of electricity supply in the region. 
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 139. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- Quickstats about Springlands
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Springlands School". Ministry of Education.
- "School Information". Springlands School.
- "Marlborough Lines - Diesel Station". Marlborough Lines Limited. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
|This Marlborough Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|